How to handle the Iraq situation? - Page 2

--
Boots

February 1st, 2005  
Sexybeast

sigh.....do u want to give a group of ppl freedom and die for them without getting some payments or rewards for urself....

so does the government.....

(most of time) leaders are not stupid enough to do things that will not benifit their own country....
February 1st, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
sigh.....do u want to give a group of ppl freedom and die for them without getting some payments or rewards for urself....

(most of time) leaders are not stupid enough to do things that will not benifit their own country....
The "reward" is to stop Islamic fascism from hijacking Iraq. They threaten us all, not just the big, bad, USA.
February 1st, 2005  
Charge 7

Ooh sorry if I stepped on your tender little ego there. You accuse me of confusion. Could it possibly be because your piece was poorly written?

Nowhere did you state if we leave _now_. How was I to determine that? Borrow your crystal ball? We aren't going to leave now so tell me what was the point you were trying to make? You seem confused more than a little bit yourself.

Strong Islamic nations standing up to terrorists far fetched? Ask the Saudies what just happened there with the terrorists they delt with. Not optimistic - very, very realistic.
--
Boots
February 1st, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Rebuild the damn country so it doesn't look like a slum and let a good government take over and then let US authority have no more control over Iraq
February 1st, 2005  
Sexybeast

many arabian nations joined Gulf war in 1991, to help defeat Saddam and its invasion...

did any of them support U.S this time?

this is not a popular war among muslims everywhere,
U.S must proceeds carefully..otherwise, there may really be a real jihad(holy war) coming.
February 2nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Charge 7:

"And in your vast 16 years of life how have you seen that? Crystal ball? The vast majority of Iraqis want peace and stability. The elections have certainly shown that. They'll work."

How rude, I come to these forums to get informed, to watch debate, and to be apart of the debate- yet you deem it necessary to criticize me because of my youth. You're a real winner. Nevertheless, I'll still try to debate your points, despite your vast intellectual superiorty.
good point and well fought!
February 2nd, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:

The US and UK along with other Allies conducted the war. They sent troops. Those troops fought died and bled.

Now you tell me why Germany, France, Russia and the others want to get involved now.

And don't tell me cause they care about the Iraqi People.
February 2nd, 2005  
Sexybeast

en.....i dont think they wanna get involved in it yet
any sources?

and do U.S government go into iraq totally for the reason to liberate iraqi ppl...is U.S govenrment really that good? or they want to get some benifits fot themselves too?

oil? control middle east? kick out russian influences?
February 2nd, 2005  
Big_Z

Quote:
en....U.S really needs more ally (useful ally, not those allies giving spiritual support) on this issue
It doesn't matter if a country sends 10 troops or 10,000. They chose to stand by our side and show support. Poland for example doesn't have allot of troops in Iraq but they have their best unit aiding us.
February 2nd, 2005  
rocco

if america were to leave now, sure there would be an inter-islamic war... i think the sunnis would fight the shia's, and the kurds would be thrown in the middle of it all over again...
iran would support the south, whilst saudis would support the sunnis ...

p.s. crystal balls arnt needed to predict that the place would turn into another dictatorship or theocracy... just look around... what mid east country is a democracy other than israel?

when americans leave, some iranian puppet like sistani will rise to power start another blood libel and we got iran/afghanistan all over again.

the best solution would be 1) divide the land into 3 oe 2) nuke and start over again. thats if were talkingin the near future...
if we had time on our hands, which we dont, then there might be a chance of the iraqis becoming less primitive and more westernised, but if it took europe hundreds of years, then dont experct it to happen in your great grand childrens life time.