How difficult is it to get into Ranger School?

--

February 9th, 2004  
bmacd

Topic: How difficult is it to get into Ranger School?

i signed with the National Guard as an Infantryman and leave September 16th, 2004. While at OSUT/Basic in Ft. Benning, GA, i plan on going to the Air Borne and Air Assault school, as well as the Ranger program that's down there. How difficult is it to get it? My ASVAB scores were high (through the roof as my unit phrased it), and i qualify for OCS if that makes any difference. Granted, i may only be a weekend warrior, but i'm going to take advantage of every opportunity that army gives me to advance myself. Thanks

-=bmacd=-
February 9th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Getting in is the easy part.
February 9th, 2004  
Redneck

Top priotity goes to those whose MOS will use the training they receive at those schools, so if you're 11B then you would have a better chance of getting into the more specialized schools, let alone multiple ones (Air Assault is in Ft. Lewis, WA), but I have no idea what your Natty Guard status will do for that.

For myself, I fought tooth and nail to get an Airborne slot, and now the Army wants to send me to Korea this summer instead, so don't believe anything is definite until you've reported to the school itself.
Some advice, however, don't take "no" for an answer, just keep on them about giving you a slot, and eventually you'll wear them down. And then they'll send you to Korea.
--
February 10th, 2004  
Redleg

Korea???

A bit off-topic, but what do you (USA) have in Korea now?
February 10th, 2004  
Pogue

Topic: Re: How difficult is it to get into Ranger School?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacd
i signed with the National Guard as an Infantryman and leave September 16th, 2004. While at OSUT/Basic in Ft. Benning, GA, i plan on going to the Air Borne and Air Assault school, as well as the Ranger program that's down there. How difficult is it to get it? My ASVAB scores were high (through the roof as my unit phrased it), and i qualify for OCS if that makes any difference. Granted, i may only be a weekend warrior, but i'm going to take advantage of every opportunity that army gives me to advance myself. Thanks

-=bmacd=-
sorry to say if, but if you are gaurd or reserve, there is almost no chance of getting into RIP. Unless you are active duty 11B, and a select other jobs, it's gonna be really really really hard, if not impossible.

EDIT: The only way to stay gaurd and be a Ranger is to get your commission, get Infantry as your branch, and go through RIP through there.
February 10th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
Korea???

We've got troops all along the DMZ to keep the pinkos out, remember nataliemarie? She's stationed in Korea.
February 10th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Quote:
An entire army group of 37,000 people and alot of pissed off Sotuh Koreans who want us to leave.

For My Wannabe Ranger, why don't you check out goarmy.com, they currently have their 2400/7 series up and this month is a feature on Ranger School.
February 10th, 2004  
Pogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Quote:
An entire army group of 37,000 people and alot of pissed off Sotuh Koreans who want us to leave.

For My Wannabe Ranger, why don't you check out goarmy.com, they currently have their 2400/7 series up and this month is a feature on Ranger School.
bwahahaha Wannabe Ranger....so harsh dude
February 10th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Hey, I meant it in a good way. One other note, dont ever follow those panzie's who sue the army over the "harshness" of the school. A couple months back somthing like that happned at Benning and the instructores, at least on paper, aren't suppose to sh*t on you as heavy.
February 10th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: k.

Isent the US force in ROK mainly Marines?