How difficult is it to get into Ranger School? - Page 4

--

February 14th, 2004  
nataliemarie

I've got some LT friends all over the place.. what branch did you say you were gettin'?
February 14th, 2004  
Redneck

My contract says "for the good of the service" so they can send me anywhere, but we do get a wishlist, and my top choices are Armor, Military Police, Aviation, Infantry, and Field Artillery, with the ultimate goal of becoming a 19C, an Armored Cav officer, with a Scout unit. But I would be happy with anything that gets me into a Cav unit .
February 14th, 2004  
nataliemarie

We work with 6th cav over here every once in a while. Man, do they have pride. It is simply overwhelming... I love it!

I see you didn't put MI on your wishlist.. good thinking

Good luck redneck! I wish you all the best!
--
February 14th, 2004  
Redneck

Thank you! And the same to you!

My Dad was MI, they trained him in some black ops stuff and taught him half a dozen languages, but my talents always seemed to lie more in the physical labor/destructive side, couldn't code to save my life.

Thank you for the advice.
February 14th, 2004  
nataliemarie

Oh, and you said you're coming to the good ol' ROK this summer?

Bring... little clothes.. hardly any. It's friggin hot and muggy. So hot and muggy.

Just a little warning
February 14th, 2004  
Redneck

Thank you. And I hear I should bring my own food, from what I hear from my friends who have been over there.
February 14th, 2004  
nataliemarie

Depending on where you go.. the Commisaries are pretty good..

But yea, bring anything "special" that you can't live without. I encourage anyone to Try Korean food... but there's only so much one can take. Ewww... kimchi.. eww.

I go on leave in 1 DAY AND A WAKEUP!!! Can't wait to get me a good In N Out burger... and fish tacos... and talk to people in english... and go to Walmart... and drive... and.. oh, geeze I love the states!!!

(Sorry about that.. my mind operates in FRAGO mode)
February 14th, 2004  
Redneck

Sounds like a nice break. Have a good time and welcome back.
February 14th, 2004  
Pogue

poor girl, I'd hate it in Korea..then again I've been there 6 times already...hopefully I'll get stationed in Benning or Bragg once I get commissioned....oh how i want 11A
February 14th, 2004  
nataliemarie

Hey ckim.. maybe I'll see you around Bragg

Airborne!

... it'll be so nice to finally use these wings