--
Home Made Cartoons
October 21st, 2014  
rcleary171

October 22nd, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleary171
I think this would be my favourite of the Bee series.

Quote:
But I don't get this one, I am assuming localised humour?
October 22nd, 2014  
rcleary171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I think this would be my favourite of the Bee series.

But I don't get this one, I am assuming localised humour?
Poor execution on my part. We go out trick or treating dressed as ghouls and monsters. Bees would dress up as wasps. The smaller bee is wearing a wasp mask but it's not clear the way I drew it. Maybe if I painted it green and made the strap clearer.

All part of the learning process.
October 22nd, 2014  
rcleary171

October 22nd, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Poor execution on my part. We go out trick or treating dressed as ghouls and monsters. Bees would dress up as wasps. The smaller bee is wearing a wasp mask but it's not clear the way I drew it. Maybe if I painted it green and made the strap clearer.

I think there is a point here though in that it was localised humour, even if you had made it clear that it was a mask I still would not have got it because we do not really bother with Halloween here.

I think "international" humour needs to be internationally understandable or recognisable.
October 22nd, 2014  
rcleary171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB

I think "international" humour needs to be internationally understandable or recognisable.
I agree; I try to keep the context of my audience in mind when I write a cartoon. But some localized humor slips through. I appreciate the feedback.
October 22nd, 2014  
dadsgirl

Quote:

Rcleary171, I really liked it! I "got it".... Used to go trick or treating myself, for years! Dressed up too. Those were the days.
Thanks,
Dadsgirl