Home Made Cartoons - Page 6




 
--
Home Made Cartoons
 
October 14th, 2014  
rcleary171
 
 
Home Made Cartoons
October 19th, 2014  
rcleary171
 
 


http://boomerpark.blogspot.com/
October 19th, 2014  
rcleary171
 
 
--
Home Made Cartoons
October 21st, 2014  
rcleary171
 
 
October 22nd, 2014  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleary171
I think this would be my favourite of the Bee series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleary171
But I don't get this one, I am assuming localised humour?
October 22nd, 2014  
rcleary171
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I think this would be my favourite of the Bee series.



But I don't get this one, I am assuming localised humour?
Poor execution on my part. We go out trick or treating dressed as ghouls and monsters. Bees would dress up as wasps. The smaller bee is wearing a wasp mask but it's not clear the way I drew it. Maybe if I painted it green and made the strap clearer.

All part of the learning process.
October 22nd, 2014  
rcleary171
 
 
October 22nd, 2014  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleary171
Poor execution on my part. We go out trick or treating dressed as ghouls and monsters. Bees would dress up as wasps. The smaller bee is wearing a wasp mask but it's not clear the way I drew it. Maybe if I painted it green and made the strap clearer.

All part of the learning process.
I think there is a point here though in that it was localised humour, even if you had made it clear that it was a mask I still would not have got it because we do not really bother with Halloween here.

I think "international" humour needs to be internationally understandable or recognisable.
October 22nd, 2014  
rcleary171
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB

I think "international" humour needs to be internationally understandable or recognisable.
I agree; I try to keep the context of my audience in mind when I write a cartoon. But some localized humor slips through. I appreciate the feedback.
October 22nd, 2014  
dadsgirl
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleary171
Poor execution on my part. We go out trick or treating dressed as ghouls and monsters. Bees would dress up as wasps. The smaller bee is wearing a wasp mask but it's not clear the way I drew it. Maybe if I painted it green and made the strap clearer.

All part of the learning process.
Rcleary171, I really liked it! I "got it".... Used to go trick or treating myself, for years! Dressed up too. Those were the days.
Thanks,
Dadsgirl
 


Similar Topics
Home made Mercedes SLR
counter? anti?
Israel vs. Palestine questions?