Home Made Cartoons

Gates_zps71651cee.jpg

I think this would be my favourite of the Bee series.

But I don't get this one, I am assuming localised humour?

Poor execution on my part. We go out trick or treating dressed as ghouls and monsters. Bees would dress up as wasps. The smaller bee is wearing a wasp mask but it's not clear the way I drew it. Maybe if I painted it green and made the strap clearer.

All part of the learning process.

Poor execution on my part. We go out trick or treating dressed as ghouls and monsters. Bees would dress up as wasps. The smaller bee is wearing a wasp mask but it's not clear the way I drew it. Maybe if I painted it green and made the strap clearer.

I think there is a point here though in that it was localised humour, even if you had made it clear that it was a mask I still would not have got it because we do not really bother with Halloween here.

I think "international" humour needs to be internationally understandable or recognisable.

I think "international" humour needs to be internationally understandable or recognisable.

I agree; I try to keep the context of my audience in mind when I write a cartoon. But some localized humor slips through. I appreciate the feedback.

Rcleary171, I really liked it! I "got it".... Used to go trick or treating myself, for years! Dressed up too. Those were the days.
Thanks,
Dadsgirl

Back