Guerilla Warfare

--

March 13th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: Guerilla Warfare

It is the best way to fight in jungle and even urban areas. If this skill is mastered ansoldier can become an army all by himself. This was used and first tried out during Nam. The tactic we used were not as good as the ones used as the veitcong. They had underground tunnels that were bobby-trapped in case any U.S. soldier teid to get in an find intel. The old techniques are the best ones in my opinion. People think there old and don't work. If we apply them our spec ps might be able to stay on a mission for the max of a month.
March 13th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
If we apply them our spec ps might be able to stay on a mission for the max of a month.
It falls under the category of UW, we're on top of it.
March 13th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: what

Whats a UW? Let me know and I'll rspond before monday.
--
March 13th, 2004  
Popeye

I thought Guerilla Warfare went as far back as the Revolutionary War?
March 13th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
I thought Guerilla Warfare went as far back as the Revolutionary War?
For the "US", yes. But those tactics had been used long before the Rev War.

Mercy,
UW is unconventional warfare it's already part of SF's mission and has been for some time.
March 13th, 2004  
Jamoni

Guerrilla or partisan warfare is as old as war itself. As Sun Tzu said, for the weak to defeat the strong, it is necessary to await a change. As far as being "better" than conventional tactics, not true! They are simply an adaptation to conventional tactics which has the aim of weakening the morale, infrastructure, and political position of the enemy, until the partisans are strong enough to win in a conventional war. The main "strength" of a guerrilla is that they don't have to hold territory or supply lines. This is because they CAN'T. And you can't "win" a war without doing these things.
March 13th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Hmm...

Gurilla when used as the only tactic, is a tactic for the weaker side of a non-symetric conflict. A gurrila army dose not want to win territory, it wants to change an existing situation. It wants to even things up by tireing and badgering the opponent, untill it is possible for the gurrilas to become a real army. When you are weak, this is a good way to fight. There is no real option for the stronger army to have a stand off with you.
March 14th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

When we were discussing the elitism of the SEALs and Marines, I went to the SEAL website and noticed that they kill 200 enemies for every 1 soldier they lose. THere is no way to do that without using guerilla warfare. Even then though I don't consider special operations guerilla warfare.
March 14th, 2004  
Popeye

200:1 ratio huh? Hmmm, not bad.
March 14th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
When we were discussing the elitism of the SEALs and Marines, I went to the SEAL website and noticed that they kill 200 enemies for every 1 soldier they lose. THere is no way to do that without using guerilla warfare. Even then though I don't consider special operations guerilla warfare.
There are plenty of ways to do that without UW tactics. DA missions often end with such kill ratios.