Greatest War Invention - Page 2

--

March 10th, 2004  
Gunner13

In the realm of concepts, I agree with Dragon_Master_Gunner and the all volunteer armed forces

In the realm of pratical fighting stuff: indirect fire - the true meaning of hitting an opponent who can't see, or hit, you.

And if we are talking sick stuff, FutureRANGER, don't forget antipersonnel mines, booby traps, poison gas and biological weapons
March 10th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I meant sick as in healthy as in bad as in good as in COOL. lol sorry should have made that more clear

Sick as in amoral and inhumane as you mean, you're right those are all terrible. Everything is terrible.

But tanks are COOL
March 10th, 2004  
Darkmb101

The greatest and most important invention in war is the ability to kill your enemy without dying yourself.
--
March 10th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

And everyone can say it with me "The stuff we don't know about yet!" AS far as stuff we do know about I would say laser satellites and whatever material they made the bunker buster out of.
March 10th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I think the greatest invention is the automatic potato peeler.
March 10th, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

Dude..... how could we have forgotten?!
March 10th, 2004  
dragon_master_gunner

As far as actual material objects, I think the Tank/Fighting Vehicle is/was the greatest invention: being able to move over any terrain, engage the enemy with overwhelming firepower, and under armor.
March 10th, 2004  
Popeye

I think morale is key... if your soldiers have high morale and something worth fighting for... watchout - especially if your opponent doesnt. Uh-Oh!
March 11th, 2004  
Jamoni

The internet was originally began as a communication network with self routing ability that would allow it to route messages around damaged nodes.... for the military.
Sooooo, the internet.
March 11th, 2004  
dragon_master_gunner

LMAO... I thought Al Gore invented the internet?!?!?

Just kidding, I know the guy's a flake.