Europe and America... - Page 4




 
--
Europe and America...
 
March 13th, 2013  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Europe and America...
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
And the "tradition" is; being so fxxking drunk, wearing a skirt, and not be able to sit for a week?
No, something much much better!

You wear the kilt with no pants on. It's tradition. I insist you do as well.
March 13th, 2013  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
No, something much much better!

You wear the kilt with no pants on. It's tradition. I insist you do as well.
And what happens after that?
March 13th, 2013  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
And what happens after that?
Whatever you want to happen!

(I'm not joking btw, it genuinely is tradition!)
--
Europe and America...
March 13th, 2013  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Whatever you want to happen!

(I'm not joking btw, it genuinely is tradition!)

From what I understand; the kilts have different colors, depending on what clan they belong to, right? Do you belong to a clan, or is that gone now?
March 13th, 2013  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
From what I understand; the kilts have different colors, depending on what clan they belong to, right? Do you belong to a clan, or is that gone now?
Kilts come in many different colours called tartan:



Every Scottish clan has its own tartan pattern. I'm not sure if I belong to a clan or not!

I'm sure there's Scottish on my mothers side but I've never looked into it. I've become too Engerlish.
March 13th, 2013  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Kilts come in many different colours called tartan:



Every Scottish clan has its own tartan pattern. I'm not sure if I belong to a clan or not!

I'm sure there's Scottish on my mothers side but I've never looked into it. I've become too Engerlish.
I can see two there which I recognize or rather the names of two patterns. So the regiment "Black Watch" is wearing the one with the same title? Is "Dress Gordon" what the regiment Gordon Highlanders are wearing?
March 13th, 2013  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
I can see two there which I recognize or rather the names of two patterns. So the regiment "Black Watch" is wearing the one with the same title? Is "Dress Gordon" what the regiment Gordon Highlanders are wearing?
There are hundreds of tartan patterns. Scottish regiments have their own tartans.

"Dress Gordon" is from the Gordon clan, and the Gordon Highlanders before they were disbanded.
March 13th, 2013  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
There are hundreds of tartan patterns. Scottish regiments have their own tartans.

"Dress Gordon" is from the Gordon clan, and the Gordon Highlanders before they were disbanded.
I see, what tartan pattern do you have?
March 13th, 2013  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
I see, what tartan pattern do you have?
The cheapest one the kilt hire shop has available.
March 13th, 2013  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
The cheapest one the kilt hire shop has available.

So Scottish, I can see a chronological pattern emerging here. First the Scots invented whisky, it went downhill from there (probably down from the highlands) as we all know the ideas we get when we are drunk aren't that great after all, so at this time, the kilt emerge. Further down the hill, they came up with golf. Being drunk, wearing a kilt, and spend the whole day playing golf when it's raining. I think I nailed it quite well now
 


Similar Topics
So why do people hate Israel?
The Otherside of Outsourcing - Indian Companies Hiring in America
China plans to invade US!
Could Germany have defeated the US?
How and when will Europe recover from it's decline??