Did kalashnikov stole the design from STG44???

View Poll Results :is the design stolen
yes 15 39.47%
no 23 60.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

--

May 6th, 2004  
Marksman

Topic: Did kalashnikov stole the design from STG44???

I find great similarity betwen these two and it has come to my mind that the AK is a improved STG44,as a metter of fact i think that STG is even better.what do you think??
May 6th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: yes

Well, Kalashnikov admits he was very influenced by the German desighn....But the AK47 is better. Lighter, more relaible.
May 6th, 2004  
Adam_Ebola_Koudelka

yep, I agree with Sherman, I think that "stole" isnt the right word,but it is visible that he was inspired by this gun. I think that '44 and Ak47 have different types of breech (is it the correct word?) .It is similar like if yoz say that Americans stole the V2 design for construction of the space rockets..

PS:I'll be glad if you correct me if i use any incorrect words especially in weapon terminology.thanks
--
May 6th, 2004  
Marksman

ok im glad that somebody anwerd the poll but i still think STG44 is better!!
May 6th, 2004  
Adam_Ebola_Koudelka

I cant judge it cause i have never seen this gun shooting and I have neva read any references about it,but i think that Ak will be more "smart" cause its younger so Mr Kalashnikov had time to find the bugs of '44
May 6th, 2004  
Marksman

Thats true but STG is more reliable
It jamed so few times that allies switched their Tompsons and sometimes even BARs for it 8)
May 6th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Thats true but STG is more reliable
It jamed so few times that allies switched their Tompsons and sometimes even BARs for it
I doubt it. I dont think anything but death and the IRS is as relaible as the AK...Iknow people who picked up AKs from the dessert dunes...These guns set there for years...Clean them up just a bit...And then it works.
May 6th, 2004  
Marksman

Here you can get AK for 100 USD on black market!! 8)
May 6th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: thats

Thats insane dude. Dont mess with that crap....You having a Luger is dangoures enough...I mean I love my M1 and all, but i wouldent take it home with me...(Well, my father has a couple of guns though)
May 6th, 2004  
Marksman

Why
??????