Did kalashnikov stole the design from STG44??? - Page 4

View Poll Results :is the design stolen
yes 15 39.47%
no 23 60.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

--

May 11th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

If you load 29 rounds instead if thirty, it helps reduce jamming. Something to do with the way the spring works in the magazine.
May 11th, 2004  
Marksman

yes thats it.
May 11th, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

I can understand why you think that it is a possibility. The STG and the AK look very similar on the outside, but the interal mech. of an STG resembles much more that of an MP5.
--
May 11th, 2004  
Marksman

well,STG was a kind of 'mentor' for Kalashnikov to build AK
May 12th, 2004  
BmrSooner451

If I'm not mistaken, the StG44 is closer to teh SKS than the AK
May 12th, 2004  
Marksman

you are mistaken i think you thought about Gewehr 43
May 12th, 2004  
Marksman

There you go

STG-44

AK 47

And Gewehr 43

along with

sks
August 29th, 2005  
Peterminator

Kalashnikov was influenced by but did not copy the german stg44
design
August 29th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

I don't understand this big fuss about Kalashnikov "stealing" anything from StG-44 as some like to call it. as far as it goes every self loading weapon is somehow related to the earliest operational semi automatic weapons and I think the first "assault rifle" if you may call it was the Fedorov automatic rifle as early as in the 1920's, or atleast soviets back then considered the 6.5mm Arisaka cartidge an intermediate cartidge so
August 29th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyjaeger
I don't understand this big fuss about Kalashnikov "stealing" anything from StG-44 as some like to call it. as far as it goes every self loading weapon is somehow related to the earliest operational semi automatic weapons and I think the first "assault rifle" if you may call it was the Fedorov automatic rifle as early as in the 1920's, or atleast soviets back then considered the 6.5mm Arisaka cartidge an intermediate cartidge so
I must agree on the big fuss. The M60 was a copy of the FG-42, so whats the big deal about the AK and STG?