Did kalashnikov stole the design from STG44??? - Page 2

View Poll Results :is the design stolen
yes 15 39.47%
no 23 60.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

--

May 6th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

I have a 12 Gauge Mossberg, a 1911 Colt, and a .22 rifle.
May 7th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
Why
??????
There are two ways a gun (or any weapon at all) can be dangerous to you;
1) The guy holding it doesn't like you very much
2) You don't respect it.

I remember a story about a police shootingrange intructor, who'd been instructing shooting guns and rifles for almost twenty years. He took a bullit to the had while leaning on his rifle. It went straight through, and he survived, but that was just luck.
I think having a gun around the house if you don't need to, is just one more risk to take.
To get back on topic: I think it's not really 'stealing', I'd use 'improving and (re)designing"
May 7th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: well

Well, I just dont see a need for a highschool kid owning a gun.
--
May 7th, 2004  
Sapper

Actually, I do remember to have read an interview with Mikhail Kalashnikov years ago where he said that, in WW2, his platoon had been decimated somewhere in Belarus in a battle against German troops armed with STG44. He affirmed that, once he saw how the less than reliable Russian rifles couldn't fire due to the mud and water, he decided to create an assault rifle to ensure that such a slaughter couldn't happen again.

As a result, the AK-47. He admitted that the German design for the STG44 was so good that forcefully he needed to adopt a similar solution.
May 7th, 2004  
Marksman

Well new topic i guess
May 7th, 2004  
Redneck

Topic: Re: well

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Well, I just dont see a need for a highschool kid owning a gun.

I got my first shotgun for my 6th birthday, by the time I was in high school I had 5 long guns.

On-topic, the only information I have to go off of is a History Channel "Tales of the Gun" episode about the AK, and in an interview on the show with Kalashnikov, he got a little upset when this question was asked of him.
May 7th, 2004  
Marksman

Go to kids with guns topic on gen chit chat!!
May 9th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

The Russian Army over ran the factory that was producing the STG44. Though they could not make the complex machined parts for the great rifle that was the STG44, A guy named Kalashnikov came along and made a simpler version of it. One using mosty stamped parts, and is EXTRAORDINARILY easy to operate. There's my two cents.
May 9th, 2004  
Marksman

Well thats another proof!!
May 9th, 2004  
Snauhi

yeah AK 47 have some things from stg44.