Did Jessica Lynch desearve the Bronze Star? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Did Jessica Lynch desearve the Bronze Star?
Yes 2 4.76%
No 40 95.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

--

November 10th, 2003  
Shobah

so if i join the army and one of my drinking budys nocks me out in a bar fight do i get a bronze star?

well she did how could i wouldnt?
November 10th, 2003  
Redleg

Here's a little interesting story from BBC.com
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3251731.stm
"Jessica Lynch Condems Pentagon!"

Is a couple of days old, but it should be relevant to this discussion.
November 10th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

I saw the movie last night, Im starting a thread in another forum critizing it.
--
November 28th, 2003  
Drill_is_my_friend

I agree with the "hero for little girls everywhere" type of thing, but the thing is the general public luvs it so the public pleasing pentagon gave her the bloody medal and that damn movie too!
November 28th, 2003  
USMCdevilpup

"hero for little girls?"....she's certainly not my hero. it's soldiers like PFC Miller that are my heros. she claims that the others in her convoy along with Miller deserve more credit and honor than they're receiving....why doesn't she do something about it? all talk. its females like her that make fallacies for the public to think that all female troops are like her....i definately won't be.
November 29th, 2003  
Drill_is_my_friend

heh she's not mine either.. during her little movie thing i changed th channel because i couldn't whatch the little wench get praised for getting hit on the head and carried off to some place. . . . but sigh it's to easy to get medals, the americans gave the 5 dead canadian soldiers medals.. hell of a lot that's gunna do.
December 4th, 2003  
USMCdevilpup

i think officials only give out medals a lot of times for publicity stunts. best example: why lynch of course! i hate to see the ones who don't deserve anything get it all, and the ones that do deserve it all (Miller) get nothing.
December 4th, 2003  
diplomatic_means

With the way the military is going now does anyone think their will ever be another Alvin York or General Patton? It doesn't seem like there is any room for heroics in the military anymore. All this discussion reminded me of the German soldiers in WW1. 1 out of every 5 soldiers was given a bronze cross. It's a shame.
December 4th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

And amazingly enough we havn't had a MOH awarded in a conflict since Shughart and Gordon got posthumouse in Mogadishu in '93. If you look back through history though, you'll find that the same thing went on in the Second World War, Korea, Vietnam. Publicity in war is a major factor, like it or not, it's always been like this.
December 4th, 2003  
Acerbus

There'll always be men like Patton and York, but they'll hardly ever get the attention they so richly deserve. But that's how the military works. It's always the ones in the background that keep it running.