dangerous boot polish - Page 7

--

June 3rd, 2004  
Rotty261

No need to feel sorry for my boots if that is what you were implying. I have not ever had a negative comment about them, ever. But thank you for the concern....
June 3rd, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

lol, I'm not saying none of that stuff will work. Just from what they say the long term result can be... not so great.

Carry on! lol.
June 3rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Wow, cadet, when did you come back?!
--
June 3rd, 2004  
Locke

just read this and had a bit of a chuckle, my dad used to work for a company called Kiwi, and they made shoe polish, wonder if its one and the same, wouldn't that be a hoot!!!
June 3rd, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
just read this and had a bit of a chuckle, my dad used to work for a company called Kiwi, and they made shoe polish, wonder if its one and the same, wouldn't that be a hoot!!!

Umm... I wonder... Probably soo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Wow, cadet, when did you come back?!
Ohhh you know me... I just kinda stick my head in every once in a while Keeps things interesting!
June 16th, 2004  
lackland04

Topic: fire shine is the best

howdy,
new to the board. didn't know it was here until now. wish i knew 2 years ago when i joined AFROTC. i am now going on Active Duty in a month in a half as an enlisted guy. AF is still a great way to go.
but some tips i learned is just use cotton balls and get that base coat on the boot. for the whole boot use a brush and buff it out. for the toe and heel use cotton balls and water. wet the cotton ball first of course. after you get it to a good shine light it and melt the wax then buff it with an old t-shirt.
Leather Luster is also a great option....you didn't hear that from me....lol
Jon
June 23rd, 2004  
fallensoldiers75

Ive been the Young Marines for 4 years and ive done my boots ever scence i received them but i never took a flame to my boot polish. if u think about it, it seems stupid but if it gets the best shine u can have on ur boots then ill try it. thanks for the advice. and does soaking ur cover in starch then putting ur cover in the oven really work???
July 5th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
The Kiwi polish is made by Hanes.
July 6th, 2004  
silent driller

Quote:
Yep. That's the one. GOOD NEWS!!! I FOUND SOME LINCOLN WAX!!! YAY FOR ME!!! Now my boots and shoes look sooooo y!
July 9th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

boots boots boots....there is an old saying. Polished boots at the begining of the day is a signed of a squared away soldier. Dirty boots at the end of the day is a sign of a working soldier.