dangerous boot polish - Page 5

--

February 10th, 2004  
nataliemarie

Never heard that before.. I'll have to try it out, Thanks
February 11th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

ok is there any reason my boots are not polishing? at all? i stripped them and everything... is the whipped cream thing.. is that a polishing technique??? or what.. i'm confused...

i'm gonna look really cute "I'm sorry sir, but my boots just wouldnt polish!"... no lie they wouldn't i usually have a mirror reflection... now... i have no clue... and i got some more polish, still won't work..
February 11th, 2004  
Redneck

Once you strip them you're back to square one, it will take a few extra layers of polish to get the same shine you would have before.

I've never heard of whipping cream being used like that, but everyone has their own little secret boot polishing "recipe."
--
February 19th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

Take it from the sham master, BRUSH SHINE. Don't make more work for yourself, just brush shine. It softens and protects the leather. When you spit shine it makes the leather hard, brittle, and non-breathing. Which in turn makes your foot hot and un-comfortable.

But, when I do have to spit shine my boots, I only use an old brown t-shirt, kiwi(parade gloss-shines easier), and some spit. You wet the rag with spit then you rub it in your kiwi and make slow light circles on your boots. If you burn your kiwi it dries the wax out, I don't know about the alcohol though, I have never tried it.
February 19th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

dear gosh... don't use alcohol lol it turned mine white....
February 20th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

Got it no alcohol. Yet another reason to sham out and not spit shine my boots.
February 21st, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: buff

Friends of mine just buff their shoes or boots and they come out clean. But they are lazy and do little work. Except rifle corp. We are always trainning no matter what. Rain nor shine will stop us!!

THE QUICKEST WAY TO LOSE A FIGHT IS NOT TO FIGHT AT ALL!~ SENSEI ANTHONY DIAZ
March 7th, 2004  
Jamoni

All I use is spit, kiwi, and an old t shirt. I spit in the lid, and a little in the wax itself. Work it up to a good consistency, and apply in small circles, until it starts to shine, then add another layer. If it gets dull and fuzzy, dab your rag in the clean spit. Work evenly around the boot, to give the stuff time to dry. And if you have current army issue boots, give up now. Also, if you spill a whole vat of baking grease on your boots (cold, in my case) Those just became field boots. With patience, a mirror shine is achievable. But unless some 1sgt is riding your arse, or you want to look up skirts...WHY???
Regards kiwi burning in the can but not on the boot, I bet they use alcohol or something similiar to keep it from drying, which evaporates when exposed to air.
March 14th, 2004  
CDT_Dixon.G

I was thinking about melting some candle wax in with my kiwi, do you recon it would work?
March 14th, 2004  
Redneck

I think that will just lead to a smudgy looking polish that will crack off easily, but, hey, stranger things have worked. i'd do it on my field boots if I were you though, so you can just strip them down and brush shine them pretty quick if it doesn't work rather than mess up your garrison boots.