dangerous boot polish - Page 4

--

January 13th, 2004  
Gunner13

They were both bred for the race track, although the mare never raced (no interest) and the gleding is retired after an injury. 32 years old - wow! As much as I like vehicles and engines, I am sure I missed something by not being in the old horse army.
January 13th, 2004  
Redneck

Definitely in the same corner there. I can't place my finger on the exact quote or author right now, but during the first World War someone said that even if they were not much use in trench warfare, at least the cavalry brought a touch of class to the battlefield.

My grandmother has an old photograph from the turn of the 20th century of a cavalry troop from back down in Missourri, and more than half of them were related to me in some way. Family fighting unit hooah.
January 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: I wish

wish i had a horse...or knew how to ride....
--
January 14th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Topic: Re: Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
If i dident know better id think your army is too darn tidy and clean to go to war....Every time i see american soldiers i envy your uniforms and style....We had no time to develop that....I read in some book about military psycology that the Israeli Army is the only example of a non-diseplend, untidy yet regular army to have major sucses.....
it is used mostly for discipline.. and in america, a tidy appearence gets more respect then someone that looks like they haven't looked in the mirror. Also, it makes you proud of who you are when you look tidy and clean... mostly for discipline tho.. and it takes discipline....
January 15th, 2004  
Redneck

Nah, it's cause we're pretty.

I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

January 15th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

hahaha... my shine is envious... but i feel much more pride in my uniform, which is a symbol of our military, when it is pressed and polished... now when i'm out in the field... i don't give a hoot
January 25th, 2004  
nataliemarie

hehe.. y'all make me smile.

Okay, here's the trick to an easy yet gorgeous shiny boot.

1. Kiw.. or Lincoln Wax
2. Cold Water
3. A tiny bit of isopropyl alcohol
4. an old brown t-shirt
5. Patience...

Take the lid to the kiwi and fill it with very cold water, then add a tiny bit of alcohol to that.. use your brown t-shirt to rub on the kiwi (or lincoln wax).. lots, don't be afraid.. and make sure to use the water.. with the t-shirt wrapped around your fingers swirl in tiny circles.. no need to press hard, its gonna take a while.. but the result is amazing.. and it last at least a week in garrison.

Oh! And about us being a "pretty" army... I gave a brief the other day to some high brass.. my boots were mirrors, my uniform felt like cardboard it had so much starch, and my LBV had the blackest buttons along with stuffed ammo pockets.. cus it looks "nice"... heaven forbid i be able to put something in them. Haha... gotta love it!

Respectfully,
PFC Natalie Hughes

AIRBORNE!
January 26th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

put it this way, when our soldiers aren't in war, they are expected to keep up discipline, but when they are in the war zone and stuff, there are gonna be some pretty pissed people if their best soldier gets shot cause someone was busy makin sure their uniform looked perfect... it just gives a country pride to see their soldiers lookin sharp
January 26th, 2004  
nataliemarie

I pray to God no right minded soldier will be squaring away his/her boots and uniform when the shit hits the fan..

I won't.

Respectfully,
PFC Natalie Hughes
February 10th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: whip cream

The marines taught and told me to use whip cream. If you rubbed it in enough you couldsee your reflection. You have to keeprubbing it in and let it be absorbed for a few minutes. When your done the boots should be sparkly clean.