Chomsky & War - Page 4

--
Chomsky & War

May 31st, 2006  
CABAL

Chomsky & War
Quote:
God damnit Cabal. I did not say Dietrich alienating herself was culturally significant did I? No, I said that the issue with Chomsky and Americans is correlated in German culture with Dietrich and Germans. A culturally significant parralell ffs. Tracking now or is the cultural rift too great?
I'm beginning to understand your argument, but it is not going anywhere I'm afraid.

Quote:
No its a good comparison. I didnt get it first. So you're saying you're condemnation of Chomsky is emotionally rather than rationally motivated. Just like the condemnation of M.D. didn't really go with the general public opinion on nazism at that time?
I still do not know why Marlene Dietrich has to do with this debate. It is completely irrevelant.

Chomsky is a far left leaning liberal while Bulldogg considers him a traitor. This is a battle of political idealogies.
May 31st, 2006  
bulldogg

With all due respect, its not your country so I don't expect you to understand.
May 31st, 2006  
CABAL

Quote:
With all due respect, its not your country so I don't expect you to understand.
If that is the case, then I am expecting you to apply the same concept towards my country and to any country/continent/regime/state/ or whatever that is referred to in this forum.

If you're posting about the history and political situation of Germany or the EU, I do not expect you to understand as well. But your comparisons with Marlene Dietrich to Chomsky is confusing me and that is the problem. Marlene Dietrich defected from Germany during the Second World War because it was ruled by an regime which she does not like. That is a political reason.
--
Chomsky & War
May 31st, 2006  
bulldogg

Stick a fork in me.
May 31st, 2006  
CABAL

By your command.