Chinese T-98 MBT vs American M1A1 - Page 8

--

July 6th, 2004  
Snauhi

yeah but the problem with Chines army is that, most of chines tanks are very old and some of them are just bad copies of old soviet tanks...
July 6th, 2004  
Doc.S

I must agree with AlexKall

Quote:
(though the M1 can function any where)" That is a big NO!
Article:

Quote:
1998 Bosnia
"It’s the best main battle tank in the world---if you can get it there"

The Armor (Tank) Battalion commander in the 1st Infantry Division, wryly remarked as he stood watching his fleet of 70-ton M1 heavy tanks sitting parked unable to patrol in his area of operations because they are too heavy for the primitive road nets.
Link:

http://www.geocities.com/equipmentsh...elicopters.htm

Cheers:
Doc.S

July 6th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
yeah but the problem with Chines army is that, most of chines tanks are very old and some of them are just bad copies of old soviet tanks...
Big sigh

I have supplied so many sources and specifications of Chinese T-98, yet you still say those "copy" things, I think now you can start to forget a bit of Russia, time has changed, and Chinese home designed T-98 is better than Russian tanks now (a bit bragging you may think, but heihei, we do think so )

Give us a bit of your best tanks in service, and their specs, though I am not expert in Tanks
--
July 6th, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
Big sigh

I have supplied so many sources and specifications of Chinese T-98, yet you still say those "copy" things, I think now you can start to forget a bit of Russia, time has changed, and Chinese home designed T-98 is better than Russian tanks now (a bit bragging you may think, but heihei, we do think so )

Give us a bit of your best tanks in service, and their specs, though I am not expert in Tanks
acctuly T-98 is a copy of a T-72..
July 6th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
OMG, I admire your russian way of pride

A Porche is copy of Ford, cuz Ford had 4 wheels and sitplaces and so do Proche

Anyway, never mind
July 6th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
OMG, I admire your russian way of pride

A Porche is copy of Ford, cuz Ford had 4 wheels and sitplaces and so do Proche

Anyway, never mind
Correct.....
So what if it's a copy?! Russia was copying and don't mention steling projects from USA, and we are not talking about few projects.........
First the A-bomb!
Than many other things, like planes! Than some things in what USSR invested a pretty big amount of money, and then to find out that C.I.A. let them have some rubish and junk, that first worked properly, than after some time it broke down!(There's a good book of that which was written by someone in the MD from 80s) Big amount of Russias money went in to it, when it had even, in some cases catastrophic consenquences..........
Berkut is evaluated X-29!
etc.... AND I MEAN BIG ETC.........
July 6th, 2004  
Mark Conley

lets not wander off the topic too much guys...remember its tanks and copies of tanks...

sounds like a good topic to start..what armaments are copies and whos bootlegging them...
July 6th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Yep! But I think it's pretty obvious who's makeing the originals, and who's copiing......
July 6th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.S
I must agree with AlexKall

Quote:
(though the M1 can function any where)" That is a big NO!
Article:

Quote:
1998 Bosnia
"Itís the best main battle tank in the world---if you can get it there"

The Armor (Tank) Battalion commander in the 1st Infantry Division, wryly remarked as he stood watching his fleet of 70-ton M1 heavy tanks sitting parked unable to patrol in his area of operations because they are too heavy for the primitive road nets.
Link:

http://www.geocities.com/equipmentsh...elicopters.htm

Cheers:
Doc.S

The turbine engine also got problems with low tempretures.

And it also run under very high tempretures which is a rather big problem. The old "sherman manuver" is not possible on the M1A2 with the turbine engine, there ware plans of making a M1A3 with disel engine, might have been scrapped, havent heared anything else of it. Not that this has anything to do with breakdowns though, but its a flaw that the turbine engine has.
July 6th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
Yep! But I think it's pretty obvious who's makeing the originals, and who's copiing......
OK, China copied a lot, everyone is doing copycat job don't they?

And no big deal, let me make 2 famous military quotes here too:

Copy is one day to let others to copy you

The fact is that everybody/every nation is copying others everyday, you may just have not yet realized that fact