Chechnya

--

January 2nd, 2005  
Vitaly

Topic: Chechnya

What do you think about the crisis in Chechnya?

(Check out http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...r/chechnya.htm for background reading)

Also, Does anyone know anything about the US SF soldiers working in Georgia since 2002?
January 2nd, 2005  
Snauhi

First Chechenya war was a disaster, 2nd was a lot better. Now its alot calmer then before. And from this year only contract soldiers will serve in Chechenya.
January 2nd, 2005  
rocco

chechens are probably the most ruthless people, second to the palestinians.
--
January 2nd, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco
chechens are probably the most ruthless people, second to the palestinians.
totaly agree!
January 3rd, 2005  
Marksman

when i saw what they did to russian prisioners,i just spaced out,i mean they are so animalsih,that they should be treated as one,all of them ********* terrorists, checnyans,albanians,afganistans,they can all be placed under the holly towel of Al Quaida.Heh a side notice,did u know that osama bin laden haves a bosnian passport yeap.........strange things

Mod edit: Avoid generalities, Marksman, and no further inflammatory language will be tolerated. Your point can easily be made without the use of "*********."
January 3rd, 2005  
texasrebel211

i hate to bash but what they did to the russians reminds me of what the afghans did to them, but worse
January 3rd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

it's been a while since I went to the kavkaz site. I followed the first war and the 2nd war pretty close. Here are some pictures from that site. Too bad there is no date on those picts.

January 3rd, 2005  
Vitaly

I read something different about those pictures:

"It was Afghanistan, it is a BTR-60 armored personnel carrier, and the people on it are Afghans. That much is correct.

It was not taped as an ambush, or to record damage. It was taken, if I remember correctly, by a European news crew.

The explosion was caused by an anti-tank mine, not a bomb. You will note that after its all said and done, the bodies of the injured and dead are still mostly intact, and the vehicle is in only a couple of pieces. That is because the explosion that lifted the vehicle is only 40 pounds or so. I say "only" and "explosion" in the same sentence, because if it was a LGB, the vehicle, and the occupants/riders, and probably the cameraman would have been hamburger. The smallest LGB is about 500 pounds, and makes for a mighty kaboom. Take a look at the gulf war pics. An APC hit by 500 pounds looks like a pepsi can hit by a 12 gauge at close range.

I saw the video of this in, about 1996 or 1997, well before Chechnya, and it was in a documentary or other. I can't remember the title, but it was about the ongoing strife in the former Afghanistan, etc. etc. "
January 3rd, 2005  
EuroSpike

Topic: Re: Chechnya

www.kavkazcenter.com

Checnyan official web site. Check it out!

"chechens are probably the most ruthless people, second to the palestinians."

But however, they are the same people like you are and both chechnyans like palestinians are fighting for their rights and freedom.
January 3rd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

anyone know the death toll on both sides of the 2nd war in Chechenya? I know both sides downplay their casualties while exaggerating enemy casualties.