Chechnya - Page 8

--

January 14th, 2005  
Sexybeast

lol..
is russians feel the same as chinese on the issue of independance of some place they claimed theirs
January 15th, 2005  
Whispering Death

I think that if Russia was a little more friendly towards the United States, like perhaps helping out in Iraq, I would be in favor of genocide of all Chechnians for what they have to Russian children. If it was one of my kids in that school or my wife in the theater, I would spend the rest of my life killing Chechnians.
January 15th, 2005  
redfox0035

Quote:
So in effect its Russia's way of dealing with ambushes.
Not the only one.

But preventive actions like finding and destroying weapon cashes, terrorist bases, and other are the best.

Quote:
This is why they are doing it and why cases of Russian brutality are mentioned. The bruality occurs because the bandits/terrorists are in civilian areas and the Russians don't discriminate between whom they rough-up but, they do discriminate between whom they kill or take in.
Such operation always based on information cooperative with Chechen MVD service, so where did you find this "brutalities" & "somebody don't discriminate" is a mystery.
--
January 16th, 2005  
Vitaly

During a house clearing, Spetznaz forces most likely will hit or "roughly" subdue the personnel inside the house, even if they are civilians. That is considered "brutality". The point is that they do not kill the civilians. But, upon recieveing orders, they may kill the bandits/terrorists. That's called discrimintating between combatants and non-combatants.
So if a Russian unit goes into a house they will shoot the terrorsists with weapons and then take down the civilians in a rough manner. (hand/flex cuffing, sort of what the American Police do to people resisting arrest). So that's what I said meant.
January 23rd, 2005  
EuroSpike

"Yes thats exactly correct. I agree 100 percent. Thats why the Russians have been assaulting houses in "zachistka" operations. Its to neutralize the Chechen bandits that do these uncounterable ambushes before they actually do it. So in effect its Russia's way of dealing with ambushes. You attack the perpetrators of previous attacks and collaborators for future attacks before the next one occurs. The Russian military is going house-to-house to find these people that aren't currently in the woods. This is why they are doing it and why cases of Russian brutality are mentioned. The bruality occurs because the bandits/terrorists are in civilian areas and the Russians don't discriminate between whom they rough-up but, they do discriminate between whom they kill or take in."

That tactic causes a lot of civilian casualties and suffering. The best way is to find and destroy guerilla's bases where they rest and maintain their equipments, if bases are found.

One anti-ambush tactic is to turn immediately IFV/APCs towards enemy, return fire with vehicle's weapons, dissmount infantry and pinn ambusher down and destroy it. If ambusher is not pinned, they will retreat and dissappear.
April 5th, 2014  
JOC

Topic: Roots of Chechen conflict

I think the Chechens have a deep rooted hatred for the Russians that goes back to Stalinís time. A small group of Chechens sided with Germany during operation Blue. When these territories were taken back by the USSR the entire Chechen nation was shipped out in cattle cars to Central Asia. By the time they were allowed to return in the 50's > than 1/2 were killed - dead including large numbers of women + children. This left a bitter taste for Russia. As Russia weakened they saw an opportunity and wanted out, no longer living in the thumb of the communist.
April 5th, 2014  
JOC

Topic: Just Background

I don't pretend to know all the intimate details of this conflict. All I'm saying is Stalin's Russia left a lot of wounds on these people.