Chechnya - Page 6

--

January 7th, 2005  
redfox0035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
First Chechenya war was a disaster, 2nd was a lot better.
Such "absolutization" is far from reality.

The first war makes one thing clear for sure - those who were sent to war unprepared failed, and those who were trained and equipped properly did the great job. Another task learned so far that leaving to the mercy of fate your military machine for about 2-3 yrs is a waste of precious combat experience, and human resources.
January 7th, 2005  
Sexybeast

who is in controll of chechenya now? i am very confused
January 8th, 2005  
Snauhi

Russia have a total control.
--
January 9th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Russia have a total control.
Why there is still fighting and resistance if Russia really had total control?
January 9th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

you and I are on the same page Eurospike. The rebels are still able to mount attacks against the Russians. That does not represent control
January 9th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
you and I are on the same page Eurospike. The rebels are still able to mount attacks against the Russians. That does not represent control
They dont want to control anything because if they would capture some villege then they would be surronded and destroyed, they want to continue with the terrorist and geurrila attacks.
January 9th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
They dont want to control anything because if they would capture some villege then they would be surronded and destroyed, they want to continue with the terrorist and geurrila attacks.
And that is the right way to act. Why capture a village if it causes only suicide? Guerillas are not stupids.

That "total control" wich is often reported by russians is only populistic propaganda to get more votes in next elections (if there is any president elections anymore) wich is many times proven to be wrong and wich is same stuff with former Iraq's propaganda minister's reports in news, if you remember. "No enemy tanks in Baghdad" while an abrams is driving past behind his back.

During Beslan i saw in news when a russian general spoke and gave a report to press. That really had a BIG difference compared to for example american reports in Iraq, and points for that are given to americans. That russian general talked like a Hitler or a fanatic nazi with same words. Didn't sound very professional.

But what are chechnyan guerillas fighting for? Freedom? Independence? Or just for fanatic islamic rule (wich personally i don't agree)?
January 9th, 2005  
Snauhi

They want to fight for freedom but they wont get any freedom by making terrorist attacks, they had the freedom once and the failed with it.
January 9th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
They want to fight for freedom but they wont get any freedom by making terrorist attacks, they had the freedom once and the failed with it.
That's true. They failed but maybe islam told them to do that with attacking their neighborhood. This time they have no other choices but terrorism and raider attacks, if they want to keep fighting. Hit and run tactic works.

Did you read the link about chechnya's first war i listed abowe or do you speak or read finnish?
January 9th, 2005  
Vitaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpike
They failed but maybe islam told them to do that with attacking their neighborhood. This time they have no other choices but terrorism and raider attacks, if they want to keep fighting. Hit and run tactic works.
As I said in a previous post, "An article that really angered me was http://www.rediff.com/news/2004/sep/08spec1.htm , not because of the content but for this info; "We were told by some Chechens in Moscow that most of the Black Widows are not very well educated, have little knowledge of Islam, and don't know that killing innocents in the name of Islam is forbidden. These widows are simply looking for revenge. They are being trained by fighters of Shamil Basayev, who is known to have had contacts with Osama bin Laden in the past." My dislike for Chechen Terrorists has just risen even more. They make themselves out to be Fervorous Islamic Fundamentalists and collaborate with other groups with equal ideals. How can they even say anything about being Islamic when they use "not very educated", not knowledgeable in Islam, and "simply looking for revenge" women as suicide bombers on innocent civilians? If the Chechens would attack military bases and not metro stations, theaters, airplanes, buses, and schools full of civilians I could at least have some respect for them. "

Also EuroSpike, you said "And that is the right way to act. Why capture a village if it causes only suicide? Guerillas are not stupids."

Well I didn't know blowing themselves up in civilian areas isn't sucide.