In case USA attacks Iran

--

October 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Topic: In case USA attacks Iran

then I am afraid the whole oil supply to China will be in big trouble.

Annual China imports some 100 million tons crude oil I think (not very sure of the amount).

But do you think if Iran is under USA control, USA will cut off the oil suppy to China? I bet not at all, but it may happen, for example in case China attacks Taiwan, then USA will have an execus to put "sanction" on China, this means of course oil blockage.

Would USA attack Iran?

Iran got to prepare for the worst case.
October 11th, 2004  
Airborne

-ummm, Iran appears to be playing it cautious..... we have troops in most of the countries surrounding it, I highly doubt a war will take place. As to the real possibility of i happening though, if CHina requests, I'm sure we would let ROC 9ha ha, no PRC, just joking with you) peacekeepers and security forces in those sectors.
October 11th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Hmmm, interesting. If Chinese oil supply would be in trouble.... then I say:

J/K!!
--
October 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Then how many years do you think you need to get Iran under control? I bet at least 8 years if Iraq already took you about 1.5 years and no end of the mess yet.

If 8 years past, N.Korea would be happily sleeping with their big bombs

October 11th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

2-4, that is, unless Israel beats us to it with their long range missles.
October 11th, 2004  
ravensword227

Topic: Re: In case USA attacks Iran

We want to invade Iran and we want to invade them badly. We know with certainty that Iran has/produces WMD and has the disposition to market them to Islamic terrorists. Iran taunts us repeatedly by putting “We will burry the U.S.” on the side of their missles translated in plain English. They are overtly hostile, and they aid and abet Islamic terrorist that pose a threat to the U.S., Israel; and to a lesser extent, our allies in the war on terror. Also, a lot of the terrorist who are blowing sh*t up in Iraq are likely coming from Iran.

Now this does not necessarily mean we will invade Iran because, as history shows, the U.S. was reluctant to even go into Cambodia, and we knew for a fact that NVA were using Ho Chi Minh trail as a weapons route. It will be hard to get popular support on invading Iran, and congress will need hard data that Iran is an immediate threat. There is a possibility that Israel might preemptive strike nuclear weapons facilities, and that would bring the U.S. into the conflict for sure.

We do have a hard-line deterrent that reduces the likelihood that countries part of the “Axis of Evil” will sell WMDs to terrorists. The DOD has officially stated that if we are struck by a terrorist attack using any NBCs, we will retaliate with a weapon of the same magnitude on all of the members of the “Axis of Evil.” Yes, you read that right – if a terrorist detonates a nuclear weapon in America, we will be detonating the same weapon in Iran, North Korea, Saudi Arabia (they are all on the “hit list”). Cooperation from Syria means that they are now off that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
in case China attacks Taiwan, then USA will have an execus to put "sanction" on China, this means of course oil blockage.
If your country invades Taiwan, the last thing I would be worrying about is oil income.
October 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

OK, ravensword227's posts are very valuable I admit.

Let me take some coffee first, it may take some long time.

Oh just leave a word here:
We Mainland China will not INVADE Taiwan, we will LIBERATE Taiwan, got to get this fact straight
October 11th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
OK, ravensword227's posts are very valuable I admit.

Let me take some coffee first, it may take some long time.

Oh just leave a word here:
We Mainland China will not INVADE Taiwan, we will LIBERATE Taiwan, got to get this fact straight

Liberate Taiwan from who exactly?

Sorry about the off-topic.

As far as us invading Iran, I don't see it happening anytime soon, if it happens at all. Already our forces are being strained with our current commitments, and until Iraq is more stabilized, I do not see the chance of anyone risking adding another explosive factor to the region with a war in Iran.
October 11th, 2004  
Doc.S

Wéll finish the jobb god damn it....

There are three things in this world that I fear

• 1: Abu Mussab al-Zarqawi

2: Iran having WMD, NBC because there leaders are crazy period!

3: Global Nuclear War

Heck If I had a green card I would join up for free to Invade Iran and get a final end to that madness. At any cost there will be no Iranian supported terrorists taking a shit on my lawn in this century or the next for that.

Most Sincerly:
Doc.S

October 11th, 2004  
Big_Z

It would be great if Israel just did the dirty work for us.