--

June 14th, 2006  
Yoman

A little video about them.http://www.dcds.forces.gc.ca/units/j...rainingW_e.zip
June 14th, 2006  
DefiantCdr

Quote:
wow a whole page

its nothing compared to the information that you could find on almost any other force
I don't know much about the special forces, but it seems to me that a group of people who perform secret operations that are highly important to security wouldn't want to be well known. If I wanted to do some of the things they do, I sure wouldn't broadcast my abilities to the world, because everyone has a weakness... if someone can determine what yours is, you're dead.

Oh, and Canada has a well trained military, for those of you who think otherwise. The big problem that I see is our lack of funding for new technology and upgrades... things like that. Also, I don't think it should be an "our forces are better than your forces" game. Canada and the United States are allies, let's hope we never have to test the argument in a real life situation.
June 14th, 2006  
Rabs

SAS is the grand daddy of all special forces and everyone coppied them.

Canadian SFs are probally pretty good, all westren nations have fairly decent special operation forces.

All special forces provide a diffrent role, Green Berets are good at going behind enemy lines and working with native forces, thats what they are trained to do. I'm sure they do that better than other SF units because thats what there trained to do. SEALs are probally the best in the water cause guess what, thats were there trained to operate. I dont know what role JTF2 is trained to do but im sure there pretty good at it.

Quote:
what is better Rangers, seals or delta???? Well those are 3 different levels you are asking about. Hopefully this clarify's
3 diffrent roles.
--
June 14th, 2006  
CanadianCombat

[quote=Rabs]
All special forces provide a diffrent role, Green Berets are good at going behind enemy lines and working with native forces, thats what they are trained to do. I'm sure they do that better than other SF units because thats what there trained to do. SEALs are probally the best in the water cause guess what, thats were there trained to operate. I dont know what role JTF2 is trained to do but im sure there pretty good at it.quote]

JTF-2 Does all that. They are created using men from army, navy, and airforce, where they undergo training in all aspects of the military.
June 14th, 2006  
AussieNick

Quote:
We also have the worlds best special forces (JTF2) which is better than the S.A.S, Navy seals, and maybe Grey Fox etc
Hah.
I'm taking bets on how long before this topic is locked.
June 14th, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
JTF-2 Does all that. They are created using men from army, navy, and airforce, where they undergo training in all aspects of the military.
Oh, so there as good as everyone at everything regardless of how much training other groups have at doing that one thing well. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'm sensing a song,

Oh JTF2
Why are you so good...
You swim faster and farther than SEALs
You talk to the natives better than the Greeen Berets
Oh JTF2
Why are you so good...
You pull hostages out faster than Delta can think
You destory targets faster than the SAS can rember what SAS stands for.

All in jest.
June 14th, 2006  
therise21

great song rabs, but i think this poster summed it up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by therise21
there isnt a "best" special forces group.
June 14th, 2006  
Maytime

I think I hear PJ locking and loading...
And no one has yet to mention his beloved Pararescue Jumpers! For shame!
June 14th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Someone commented on the Navy Seals.

The makeup of the Seals is not....NOT....totally Navy personnel.

I'm partial, but i think the overall preparedness of the Seals puts them in a category all their own.
June 14th, 2006  
Pete031

Yeah, NAVSOF is in a league of there own, thats why they all get out and go to Blackwater, Titan, triple canopy and all the other PMC's...
All of the Tier 1 units have an advantage over the tier 2 units. And yes the Tier 1 units are better at what they do than the tier 2 units. Thats why you don't send ODA's on the same type of mission IE: DA's that you would send a Tier 1 unit... Of course based on the value of the target and the threat level, ODA's can do DA's but not like a tier 1 unit can. Don't think of all the different countries and how they compare, think about the levels within each country. The best of the best from each, are all at a same level...