Panther G 10 58.82%
Type 97(Oh well...) 0 0%
M15/42 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 1st, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Panzer VI Tiger all the way. Heavy, well equipped, well armoured. Only problems were it's maneuverability and it's turret rotation speed being too slow.

OK PEOPLE QUIT WITH THE HEAVIES.....THIS IS ABOUT THE MEDIUMS...
June 1st, 2004  
Marksman

After they seen that 4 shermans(tanks in this case )go on one tigar,brits mounted a bigger gun on sherman and POOF there you go Firefly ready to go,that gun decreased speed but inuced a fire superiority
So the there were 2 fireflys on one tigar
June 2nd, 2004  
AFSteliga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
OK PEOPLE QUIT WITH THE HEAVIES.....THIS IS ABOUT THE MEDIUMS...
Whoops, my bad. I didn't see the last bit of your original post. If that's the case then...I'd say the Panzer V Pather.
--
June 2nd, 2004  
xopxe1

definitely the panther
June 2nd, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

The T-34/85 was the best tank at that time. It surpassed everything in just about everything.
June 2nd, 2004  
Marksman

Before they mounted a bigger gun on T-34,only his speed and quantity made him a deacent enemy to german heavies
June 3rd, 2004  
rovai

Until the end of 1943, T-34 was the king. After Panther showed up(which was a heavy tank, not a medium one) T-34 regiments had difficult time taking on panthers.

Panther was a great tank, but it had gaseline engine, which had severe mechanical problems. Also, because of allied bombing, germans had trouble producing high quality armor(i dont remember the whole story). So Panther's armor wasn't that much good.

My choice: T-34.
July 2nd, 2004  
SoonToBeTankSarge

i'd pick the panther, but most german tanks had gasoline engines unless they ran into supply problems and had to use diesel ones *bad idea* but the panther was a medium tank, it was one of the heavier ones though, the "standard tank weight classification" is a bit odd , i think this is what it was

6-23 tons - light tank
24-47 tons - medium tank
47-60 tons - heavy tank
60 tons plus - super heavy
100 tons plus - moving fortress J/J no moving fortess', just REALLY heavy tanks
July 5th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Panther was a medium. It had a 75mm, and it was under 50 tonns.
July 5th, 2004  
Big_Z

If the king tiger came out before 1941 we all might be speaking german.