That 38 Year Deserter V2. - Page 2

--

September 5th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
He better not be accusing my Grandpa of taking part in War Crimes, I don't think any crimes were comitted on either side of the war, I call Korea the last "true" war, fought with honor and valor on either side, it is like my grandpa said "Wars are so much different now than when I fought, back then we knew who the enemy was, we did not have to worry about someone sticking a gun out a window and shooting us in the back."

And don't try to question my little quote, my Grandpa experienced Korea first hand, that is straight form someone who was actually there, not like these Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, who were not there and do not know what happened.
Two things.

#1: How would you know what a "true" war is like? You should be careful making such broad statements, especially ones concerning valour and honour.

#2: What does this have to do with the topic? Get back on it, or this thread will be locked like the last one.
September 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Fish, would you be upset If a PLA soldier left China it's In moment of need?
Yes I would be upset at THE MOMENT when he did that, but after a while, especially after more than 30 years, I would let him alone, I will try to think why he did it.

Quote:
So are you trying to accuse the United States of war crimes in the Korean War?
I don't know how you get into this point. Or you think USA committed war crimes in Korea?

Finally:
I don't think this ex-American soldier is coward, he is way too special among the majority us troops in Korea, he really got the gut to make that decision.
September 5th, 2004  
WilsonMatthewDavid

Great, that's just what I need on my behalf, another troublesome post/thread to get even more Moderators to hate me.
-Back On Topic-
Really, now that I think about it, it truly does seem childish to kill him now, I mean... Sure, he ran away, Sure.. He played parts in Anti-American, Korean Military Propaganda Movies, but it's also been thirty years, and he now has a family, I think he should just be left there, and if he makes the mistake of coming here.. THEN we can punish him...
-Off Topic-
Maybe this thread's revival was a bad idea after all...
--
September 5th, 2004  
SOT_II

So let me see if I understand, what most are saying is if you get away with something long enough it's ok?

Look the simple answer is treat this as any other situation, once we start making exceptions to the rule for this or that...then next thing you know it's not worth having the rules at all.
September 5th, 2004  
LeatherNeckRVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOT_II
So let me see if I understand, what most are saying is if you get away with something long enough it's ok?

Look the simple answer is treat this as any other situation, once we start making exceptions to the rule for this or that...then next thing you know it's not worth having the rules at all.
Personally I don't know what to do, should we be cold and unfeeling to an ederly man with a family and a wife and a serious medical condition, I hope not.
September 5th, 2004  
SOT_II

I think we obey the laws, and follow them to their course. Yes he has a family and has enjoyed some form of freedom because he violated the law and was not caught.

So again to follow this out, lets say we catch someone today who has recently done something similar, should we let them go free because not to would deny them the potential for a family and wife?

What people are missing is that he has a family and wife because he broke the law and got away with it. To this end he knew what he was doing, he flaunted what he was doing, was even a propaganda tool. He was healthy and without family when he broke the law, so what has happened since really is of no issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherNeckRVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOT_II

Personally I don't know what to do, should we be cold and unfeeling to an elderly man with a family and a wife and a serious medical condition, I hope not.
September 6th, 2004  
CMA2

If a Naval officer can give aid and comfort and be instrumental in the fall of a country to communism, commit treason( as defined by the Constitution,) and now thirty some years later be running for the "Commander in Chief" of the United States Armed Forces.

Then maybe, just maybe one soldier who caused no harm to his comrades should be forgiven a minor indiscretion(in comparison) and allowed to live out his life in peace with shame.
September 6th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

CMA2,
Id like to buy you a drink
Well said
September 6th, 2004  
Damien435

DO NOT remove any edits we put on your posts without first PMing one of the moderators or the admin. Do so again, and you will be removed from this site. RnderSafe
September 6th, 2004  
Redneck

Back on topic.