World Cup

Perhaps you refer this prediction method, good so far!

World-cup-2010-an-ocotpus-001.jpg
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...78418986538/World-cup-2010-an-ocotpus-001.jpg

ugh, spain will win tomorrow, though i will (secretly) support the netherlands. maybe it's precisely BECAUSE of that, that they will win.

spain are a great team, no doubt. the technical ability of the average spanish player is probably unrivaled currently. that said, the netherlands are on fire, and i feel have been the better team this tournament. (well they have won every match they have played and have been infinitely more exciting in doing so.)
that and the fact that (along with england), they are the most (over)hyped team in my part of the world, makes me want them to lose. :D
also, arjen robben will be, by far, my favourite payer on the pitch.

btw, any germans here, could you answer me this- does the german-dutch football rivalry extend to supporting any team that plays against the netherlands as well?

@ fingolfin
No! I'm german and i support the Netherlands :D ( of course only when they don't play against us :D)
And almost all my german friends do so.

¡¡Viva España!! Congratulations on a WONDERFULLY played game. That truly was beautiful soccer. The Spanish possession was sheer brilliance. Robben was a bit of a sore loser methinks.

Are you f*cking blind?
That was the most boring final of a major cup tournament I have ever seen. Even worse than the AC Milan vs Juve Champions League final a few years back. What a horrible match. Neither side deserved to be world champions.
I think it's fitting that Germanys' Thomas Muller got the Golden Boot award and the superb Diego Forlan of Uruguay got the Golden Ball.

Well, as I tell my American Football buddies all the time, sometimes it's not an exciting game but it has to be a well played one. I'd been pulling for Uruguay since I heard about Forlan's sister, and was glad to see him get the recognition he deserves for his outstanding play.

I agree with 13th here, the match hurt the eyes: Not much soccer but physical battle and an exhibition of martial arts. Now, this is one way to play soccer, and as the Dutch chose this strategy to compensate thier lack of technical abilities and draw the decision to a field where they felt they could win that is what we had.

Finals of tourneys tend to be boring, so much tacticl discipline and everybody afraid to lose.

Still, it was emotional for us here in Spain, and I am happy "La Roja" showed she can also win such matches and made it.

Rattler

What do you call Englishmen in the Cup Final ?..........Referees :p

How did the psychic octopus predict all the matches correctly ?........because we are suckers! :smile:

Congratulations on your win rattler, the best team won (probably in the whole tournament) Gosh the finishing was bad though on both sides, don't you agree?

Sorry your team had to put up with such appalling play from the Dutch, they were lucky not to be down to 10 men for that karate kick!

Please post the stats, I am interested even if everyone else isn't. Goals in any one match aren't a good indicator, didn't Spain lose to Switzerand in the first match?

Are you f*cking blind?
That was the most boring final of a major cup tournament I have ever seen. Even worse than the AC Milan vs Juve Champions League final a few years back. What a horrible match. Neither side deserved to be world champions.
I think it's fitting that Germanys' Thomas Muller got the Golden Boot award and the superb Diego Forlan of Uruguay got the Golden Ball.
Hello ACoM,

agree, the game wasn't really superb or entertaining - but at least the World Champion was determined by a goal during playtime, and not like those dreadfull "Penalty Worldcup-Champions".
After the 52nd minute I was afraid that this FWC would end up being decided just in that manner.

Congrats to S P A I N

Regards
Kruska

That Final certainly gave me a headache ..or was it the Heinekens? Hmm..
Celebrated it in Amsterdam in the open ,(Museumplein,together with about 200.000 fellow dutchies), watching unwatchable big screens ..
Up till the goal that was better as being in the stadium in South Africa
itself ..immense happening . Sadly Kungfu and a badly chosen strategy killed the dream ..not their tech abilities . Trainers mistake mostly i think .
Wont even start talking refs lol
Wait till the EK again in 2 years.. :(

Last edited:
That Final certainly gave me a headache ..or was it the Heinekens? Hmm..
Celebrated it in Amsterdam in the open ,(Museumplein,together with about 200.000 fellow dutchies), watching unwatchable big screens ..
Up till the goal that was better as being in the stadium in South Africa
itself ..immense happening . Sadly Kungfu and a badly chosen strategy killed the dream ..not their tech abilities . Trainers mistake mostly i think .
Wont even start talking refs lol
Wait till the EK again in 2 years.. :(
Hello Henk,

The Euro cup needs to be a final between Holland and Germany - otherwise you fellows will be living in that false hope for ever :p:)

Regards
Kruska

world cup

the German team should have won it and they will next time they have such a young team time is on there side

the German team should have won it and they will next time they have such a young team time is on there side

But they didn't ..pretty shure the Germans would have gotten their behinds kicked playing orange this time :) ..
Spanish got lucky with both ..The swiss beat them well ..have to give them kudos for that !!

Last edited:
Back