Wondering if a few of you would help me

J98Cherokee

Im in college at UNCA in Asheville NC. All I seem to see around here is anti-war opinions and a total disrespect for any type of military organization. I am doing a project for a class and would like to show some opinions and ideas from a soldiers point of view so that some students can be exposed to something besides news coverage.

If anyone could find the time to answer this one question for me that would be great.

What is your view or opinion on the war we are in and how has it changed from when it began? (Thats if it has changed)

Feel free to give experiences or examples that further support your opinion.

Also it would be really great if anyone could respond in a video format. My e-mail is rjpagano@unca.edu. You can e-mail your response to that address. I will be presenting this the 11th of November if it works out.

Thanks in advance to those who feel they have the time to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

Pretty much we don't discuss our opinions with non military. To easy to be taken out of context....especially in this type situation.

Im in college at UNCA in Asheville NC. All I seem to see around here is anti-war opinions and a total disrespect for any type of military organization.
You must be seeing what I'm not seeing then. Honestly, no sane soldier (or sailor) loves war. Few support war. But there is really ZERO disrespect for ANY military organization here.

I am doing a project for a class and would like to show some opinions and ideas from a soldiers point of view so that some students can be exposed to something besides news coverage.
Best way is to get vets to do in-person interviews on front of the students.

What is your view or opinion on the war we are in and how has it changed from when it began? (Thats if it has changed)

Feel free to give experiences or examples that further support your opinion.
There are so many details that you will never have, that explain WHY leaders take these actions. There are details that even the soldiers and sailors don't have, after all they are there to follow orders. There is so much that so many do not see, cannot see, will not see, that decides many of these missions.

HTH

I can easily see how things could be taken out of context and was really quite unsure of the type of response I would get. If I might leave this up in the air for those who would risk the possibility of a few misunderstanding, I would greatly appreciate it.I dont intend to find answers but only to hear personal experiences (being lives directly effected) that might leave us civilians with something new to consider or provide a better viewpoint.

It feels like without first hand experience we are all walking around in the dark, looking to find an opinion of war for ourselves based solely on the guy next to us who knows even less than we do. No ones really right, but some of you know what its like outside the bubble.

Back