When It happens

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
When Iran goes nuclear, what does anyone here feel will be the logical progression of events?

I mean in the immediate short term, I am not asking for a prediciton of the distant future, just the communities thoughts on when it happens.

And as the way things seem to be spiraling towards some sort of indirect or direct confrontation, it seems that the countdown to a successful Iranian nuclear device has long since started, the detination of the first device poineerng the way towards construction of an Iranian nuclear arsenal.

I have a feeling that when that time comes, we can count on the Israelis to go for the pre-emptive first strike, no matter what the rest of the world says.

I have a feeling that when that time comes, we can count on the Israelis to go for the pre-emptive first strike, no matter what the rest of the world says.

God or whatever you may believe in be with them, Iran has a very comprehenisive air defense grid, and most of their critical facilities are projected to be buried out of reach of all known U.S. made bunker busting munitions.

They have been preparing and studying American and Israeli military strike doctrine for years, and have readied themselves for the obivious.

Not to mention the gauntlet of airspace violations that the Israeli pilots would have to run to reach Iran, already on bingo fuel before even arriving.

The same could be expected from any American Direct action air incursion as well, let alone the political backlash.

Any pilots downed in Iran under such circumstances might as well take their side arm and hasten their own demise, for getting them back alive would not be likely.

Back