What would John Kerry have done for Katrina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fronzz said:
Just wondering what you guys think John Kerry would have done in the aftermath of Hur. Katrina.

Well for one thing he would have put someone who actually knew something about Emergency Management as the director of FEMA. That would have been a good start.

phoenix_aim54 said:

Forum Rule #8 said:
Sarcastic/flaming replies are not allowed, ignore the off-topic post and continue on-topic.

I highly recommend you follow it

I do not see any value in this thread. There is no way to predict how anyone could react in this situation.

Hopefully he would have done the same things that President Bush did. There's no telling who Kerry would have put in charge of FEMA. I'm sure he knows as many unqualified people as the president does :) Hindsight is a funny thing though.
Seriously, I would hope that whomever the President might be, that they would have at least learned from the things that didn't go well and work to implement changes that would get help to the affected areas in a more timely and efficient manner. Having lived through more hurricanes than I care to admit, I can attest that they have a way of lulling people into a false sense of security. So many are forecast to hit ferociously and end up being only being nuisance storms that it is too easy to think that they all will amount to nothing more than that. I hope that the technology of weather forecasting will improve someday soon so that the warnings can be given further in advance and more accurately and as a result be taken more seriously.

But President Bush couldn't have done anythibg else than what he did. He had to call the Governor of LA. to tell her to call FEMA and get their :cen: out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back