Waiver

elizeerichard

Hi my name is Richard Elizee i am new here. I tried to join the army in Aug.07 . I got DQ'ed @ JAXMEPS due to scoliosis. I was never aware of the condition, and never experienced back pain. At the time my thorasic scoliosis was at 45 degrees and lumbar at 30. The limit for thorasic is 30% and the limit for lumbar is 20%. Now I have come across someone that was able to enter the Army with a 40 degree scoliosis in the thorasic section (of course with a waiver). My back has now improved. My thorasic is down to 40 degrees and lumbar around 35. Do you guys think I shall put in a request for another waiver at the end of my school year? My intended MOS is 11B Infantryman.

Thanks
Richard Elizee
HOOAH

I'd say keep trying, you may regret not fighting hard enough to get in for the rest of your life, but it's all up to you.

Welcome to the forums.

If you really want to join, by all means try again and again and again.

My caution is beware of what mos you choose, some will put a large stress on your back and could cause damage. Sounds like the risks of it getting worse without an outside force are low, so you may be in the clear.

Tip: wait until closer to the end of the FISCAL year, they usually grant waivers more readily to make numbers.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forums.

Tip: wait until closer to the end of the FISCAL year, they usually grant waivers more readily to make numbers.

Good luck.

Alright so I see that the fiscal year has 4Quarters. We already pasted the first quarter. Around what time would you suggest me to put in a waiver?
2nd Quarter: January 1, 2008March 31, 2008
3rd Quarter: April 1, 2008June 30, 2008
4th Quarter: July 1, 2008September 30, 2008

these are really encouraging words, and I will defenetly try to get in. I am also interested in an alternate MOS 15T Black Hawk mechanic, since this MOS will put less stress on my back, and I like helicopters.

Richard Elizee

August-September would be the best time, the Army's still missing recruitment goals, recruiters across the country will be pushing on MEPS hard to look the other way on some of the non-life threatening disqualifications. Stupid **** like "Did you have pneumonia as a child?" (My answer, yeah, but I just saw you smoke a cigarette down to nothing in two drags so lets not discuss my lungs.) or "You took a hep b test? Why? Did you think you were sick? Was the result negative or not positive?" the guy that got the latter lines of questioning at MEPS was held up for three weeks while they answered that one.

Here's the dirty little secret of MEPS. Don't say a damned thing. I've been through there three times now, even if you don't offer them new info the docs there will find something in your history that will screw you over. I jumped through hoops for two years trying to get into the Army, their rules are ****ed up and some of their rules for enlistment are really killing their numbers, and waivers are hit or miss based on which doctor takes a look at it. (Received a waiver for my ACL reconstruction in summer of 2006, but when I went to enlist in March 2007 my waiver was revoked or some b******t.) If you do get a waiver don't be an idiot like me and decide to go to college, jump at the first opportunity. Once you're in you're golden, but dammit if MEPS can find any reason to block you they will.

alright thanks I'll wait until august to try again. Thanks guys for the help it really motivated me . Damien I wish you the best of luck.

Richard Elizee
hooah :m1:

Congratulations! Just remember to get everything in writing, if it's not written down it doesn't mean **** and won't hold water. If you're promised a tour in Europe first get that in writing. If your recruiters promise you anything make sure it is in writing.

Well Just got the news today, that I am a "NO GO". Thanks guys for all the encouragement. I really felt like I had to do something for my country, but I cant. Its the worst feeling in the world, but I guess in another life.

Richard Elizee

Well Just got the news today, that I am a "NO GO". Thanks guys for all the encouragement. I really felt like I had to do something for my country, but I cant. Its the worst feeling in the world, but I guess in another life.

Richard Elizee

There are plenty of other ways to serve your country my friend. Not everyone has the drive to try as hard as you have to do something as noble. You should be proud of that. I am glad to know there are still people in my generation like you.

We who are in the field need good people watching our backs in capacities that we cannot fulfill. Dont let this get you down and dont think military service is the only way of doing your part.

:salute2:

Back