Under the knife

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Well, I am home bound for a few weeks now.

For those I haven't told, yesterday, I went under the knife.

I went to Fort Meade on Monday for surgery. A few months ago, my rotator cuff was completely torn. I think that it started when I was in Iraq carrying and wearing all that gear.

Then when I got back, I started to get back into shape doing workouts that I hadn’t done in a while. A lot of them, like swimming and volleyball. Well earlier in the summer, we had a volleyball tournament where I spent the better part of six hours playing. When I got home I thought that I had just thrown out my arm. About two weeks later, it wasn’t getting any better so I went to the doctor. He submitted me for an MRI and a month or so later, I got my MRI. Another month later I saw a doctor and he confirmed that my rotator cuff was completely torn. Another month later, I had my first consult with my doctor. And yes, another month later, here I am the day after surgery.

You just have to love military health care.

Anyways, I will be laid up for a few weeks so I will be able to read more of the forum, and post some info on my recovery.

At least they got around to fixing you. You should have seen how the authorities did when I screwed up my knees on that damn hill.

TI good to know it was all dealt with promptly . Get well soon. Keep the posting calm and peaceful - no over-energetic fingers!

Peddler, with you and pixie and philam around, we ALL need happy pills to keep from going insane! :-o

:shock: That hurts TOG!

I hope by "accident" someone doesn't switch your happy pills with something worse, for saying that. *concern* That would be horrible! :twisted:

Last edited:
Get well soon, Major.

Man, I haven't been to the surgery room since I was 3. *knocks on the wood*

Same here - they've got to catch me first. Eight years ago they x-rayed and said 'new hip'. I said if you catch me you'll have to hold me down. So far, still got my own hips, well, I'm quite attached to them, ain't I.
Again TI, get well soon.

Damn, TI -- didn't realize it was that bad. Get well soon, enjoy the holidays, and say hello to the missus and the daughter for me.

Look after that shoulder TI.

Take your convalescence seriously, my neighbour's son has just had surgery for the same complaint. (Football injury)

Get well soon.

All the best TI and get well real soon. Don't skimp on the PT afterward. I've been there with a rotator cuff myself.

TI,
I hurt my hip seven months ago and didn't even start hurting until about a month ago. I went from limping to using a cane and finally, I'm on crutches and have my Xrays and MRIs done. Seems I broke some blood vessels and part of my femur is dying for lack of blood. I will talk to another Dr. the 29th but won't go under the saw until the first part of January. I didn't think any part of my body could hurt as bad as a bone. I'm popping Vicodin like jelly beans.

The first time I went to a hospital overnight was when I was 61 and that was for a sleep apnea test. Take care and I hope it wasn't your favored arm.:shoothea:

was there a few months ago after they thought I shattered my orbital bone above my right eye. turned out I only needed 5 stitches.

Back