to win the soccer World Championship this year?

Ted

Well soccer-fever is starting to take flight now in Holland. Since we always think we will win the European or World Championship, I'll continu the tradition.
We have a finely balanced team of youth, zeal, expirience and a ton of players who played in the major teams of the world. If I were you, I'd put my money on the Dutch national team!

Already hyped up for FIFA World Cup Germany?

The Dutch National Team is not bad I must say. Germany's national team is giving mixed results and there is no clear indication that Germany might win the cup this time.

Well scotland didn't qualify for the football AGAIN, but hey! Really looking foward to the biggest sporting event in the world, i know that i'm gonna be dropping all that i'm doing and just watch some footie. Cos scotland arn't in it, think i'm gonna back germany for this one

Patriotic as I am for the Scandinavian honour and glory I put my money on Sweden although some bets are placed on Holland :)

MightyMacbeth said:
lol..
Wait for Australia, them the real footie mates lol

They might have a chance this year, wanna know why? Because they became smart in the nick of time and got themselves a DUTCH coach!!

HA! So we can expect to see the Aussie footie team all sporting wooden shoes for the World Cup this year eh?!

Don't forget holding tulips in their hands while they play soccer. Maybe we can get the aussies to sing out "Wilhelmus".... But they should work on their pronounciation first!

*clears throat* I think we are forgetting the star player of Barcelona. Introducing, Mr.Ronaldo de Assis Moreira.AKA Ronaldinho, Mr. Ronaldinho will be winning this years World Cup and will wipe the floor with anyone who cares to step in his way.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
*clears throat* I think we are forgetting the star player of Barcelona. Introducing, Mr.Ronaldo de Assis Moreira.AKA Ronaldinho, Mr. Ronaldinho will be winning this years World Cup and will wipe the floor with anyone who cares to step in his way.

So your guess would be Brazil? We saw this problems arising and have two lumberjacks in the defence. They are two 6'4" murderers, who could have walked out of any war-movie representing the bad guys! So Ronaldinho is a fine player (like ot see him in Ajax) and about to lose his legs from his knees downwards..... in short: not a problem!

Ted said:
So your guess would be Brazil? We saw this problems arising and have two lumberjacks in the defence. They are two 6'4" murderers, who could have walked out of any war-movie representing the bad guys! So Ronaldinho is a fine player (like ot see him in Ajax) and about to lose his legs from his knees downwards..... in short: not a problem!
This is futbol, not rugby...These guys so much as touch Ronaldinho without going for the ball, and they're gonna get carded...This is the World Cup. We've got the top referees in the WORLD. That should take care of them.

Although not really my favourites, I think that England has a good chance -- that is, if Beckham gets injured and sent to the United States for surgery.:thumb:

Back