The History Quiz

*snoring*....*mumbling*....huh?....Oh! SIR, FOX HERE, SIR!!!!

Say, who wrote the USA's national anthem? Another easy question, I bet.

Okay...uh....let's see....Name the countries that tried to unsuccess invade against Israel during the Six Days War.

I always give out the easy questions. lol

Yes, Egypt, Jordan and Syria. But Iraq, they did supported the Arab forces like giving the arms and supply to them. Not just Iraq. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Algeria supported the Arab forces as well.

It is an interest war. Small country defeated the 3 big countries.

Anyway, you're up, dude, again.

Did you mean Gulf of Sidra??? It took me to figure out for a while.

Well, there are 2 different dates for Gulf of Sidra. The one in August 19, 1981. The other one in January 4, 1989.

Did you mean Gulf of Sidra??? It took me to figure out for a while.

Well, there are 2 different dates for Gulf of Sidra. The one in August 19, 1981. The other one in January 4, 1989.

You hit it. You're next now! go ahead..........

Easy: Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan... (not sure about Jordan though)

Yup, Jordan. The Israelis pleaded with Jordan not to come in against them, because Israel and Jordan maintain a long and very peaceful border usually. However, I guess Jordan felt unable to stay out.

I only helped with a comment. Wasn't that when Jordan lost the West Bank, when Israel pushed their invaders back to defendable borders, Syria off the Golan Heights, Egypt back to the Suez Canal ( every inch of which has now been given back, right into the middle of the village of Eilat), and Jordan back to the River Jordan. Jordan and Israel maintain a respected peace along their border.

Whose should it really be for a question? I give way unless no-one else goes for it. Cheers.

I only helped with a comment. Wasn't that when Jordan lost the West Bank, when Israel pushed their invaders back to defendable borders, Syria off the Golan Heights, Egypt back to the Suez Canal ( every inch of which has now been given back, right into the middle of the village of Eilat), and Jordan back to the River Jordan. Jordan and Israel maintain a respected peace along their border.

Whose should it really be for a question? I give way unless no-one else goes for it. Cheers.

Yep. Thats right.... Our friend Fox hasnt showed up yet so I think it is okay if you throw the next round of questions....

OK friends - with apologies to Fox.

Traditionally, the English have a particular signal to demonstrate contempt and defiance in the face of confrontation. It involves the 2 fingered 'V for victory' , along the lines of Winston Churchill's WW11 salute.

But what is its military significance ? This is real history being presented to you now, guys!

:) I don't mind at all. College kept me busy to find a question for y'all. :p

As for that question, I'm not sure. There are lot of meaning for "V" fingers.

OK friends - with apologies to Fox.

Traditionally, the English have a particular signal to demonstrate contempt and defiance in the face of confrontation. It involves the 2 fingered 'V for victory' , along the lines of Winston Churchill's WW11 salute.

But what is its military significance ? This is real history being presented to you now, guys!

This is a tough question!

In military and in silent mode during combat, the signer points to his eyes and then to a location, meaning "Look there", or "I see..." when followed by another gesture like the number or location of enemy.

Hope I am right

Back