Somali Air Force 1954-1958 Rare Pictures !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in terms of cost effectiveness you first have to determine the role of the force you are trying to build, you also need to look at the security of supply in terms of spare parts, weapons systems etc.

If it was me I would be looking at a mixture supplying nations, your list seems a little top heavy in US equipment which means staying on their good side or your air force will be grounded awaiting spare parts like the Iranian F-14s.

Sukio along with Captiva303 and Zastava Arms thanks for your great replies

USMC i have clearly stated that i do not mean that these hardware are going to come to Somalia with the current situation in SOmalia. Therefore i mean if things settle in Somalia.Which i doubt it will unless Somalis want change.Anyways thanks for your reply anyways.

Its hard to beleive that some people still havent got what you men already.

It is blatantly obvious that Somalia wont get 100+ F-15's next year or the year after that, maybe when everything has become STABLE over there then it can be a possibility. Not now, LATER!

Sheesh.

If we are going to be Russian i think SU-30 is great but personally i would go for F-15 or F-16 since Russian hardware is not reliable.

Yeltsin times are over, Russia is getting back on their feet again. If Somalia bought MiG-29's from Russia then that is what you call unreliable. The only reason why Russian MiG-29's are in such poor form [A third is nearly obsolete] is because during the times when the Russian Federation had to give the military a small budget, they decided to keep their SUKHOI 27 fleet maintained instead of the MiG-29's.

And the Su-30MKI and Su-35BM is the very opposite of unreliable.

But the F-15 is going to be active in limited numbers they cant solemly rely on the F-22

You can count on that, the F-22 isnt as good as its cracked up to be and it costs bucketloads to maintain and keep.

Who Wins F-16 vs MiG29 we all know the F-16 like in Yugoslav war

May I remind everyone that the Yugoslav MiG's were severely poorly maintained due to low funding, they were pretty much sitting in hangars rusting. A P-51 Mustang would have taken one of them down.

Zavasta Arms i know that Somalia will never get F-15s even if its stable hehe. The F-22 is too much for Somalia its too expensive to maintain and its crap the SU-27 can still take it out. I think still the F-16 is the best choice for Somalia than the MIG29 its crappy its only good to shootdown UAVs like it did in Georgia. Russian hardware used to be the best in the 70s-80s. Right now its all the past MIG15s MIG17s all past

MontyB you are right i dont think that these equipement is good for Somalia since the most hardware is American. Somali-American relationships were neutral not too friendly or bad but you never know you might disagree and your air force is grounded. hehe

I think Latin America and Asian countries we have to rely on for getting our hardware mostly from since you might never know with the west.

The F-22 is crap? You do realize that 1 F-22 can simultaneously engage and destroy 5 F-15s at the same time right? And those F-15s were piloted by Americas best pilots. Typical pro Russian propaganda that we all expect from zasta. Comic books and movies don't count as sources bud. And for the pro Russian thing.... Get over it kid, you aren't even Russian and they aren't nearly as powerful as you seem to believe.

Last edited:
Big-Z youre right have watched a National Geographic documentary about the F-22 Raptor that it can engage 5 targets simultaneously. I have also read sources dont know where that the SU27 piloted by Russias best pilots could seriously challenge the F-35 JSF. I do not know whether its true but most of the European buyers are switching to SAAB GRIPEN since the F-35 is fairy tale European buyers have invested millions into the F-35 its still not ready yet. Some European countries even consider to upgrade their F-16 fleets to mid life update scheme. F-35/F-22 have to prove alot before getting any recognition like the F-15 does but who knows America and its wars soon it gets a chance to prove itself. Then we are going to see how good the F-22 is. The USAF is not relying solemly on the F-22 they are keeping their F-15s. F-15 Supreme Air Superiority fighter the best in the world not single loss of an F-15 in combat. GREAT Aircraft :m1:

Oh I understand Commisar zavasta. I also understand that while you two are strokin each other on high tech aircraft that....

Somalia does not have pool of Jet engine mechanics
Avionics techs, airframe mechanics and the various necessary support crew to field even a freakin ultra light. Nor do they have the necessary pool of potential recruits to draw from. Let alone aviators to drive these aircraft.

That perhaps someone who wants Somalia to have even a passable air arm should concentrate on getting the place stabilized and civilized first and worry about infrastucture and goverment.

Other than that all you two are doing is mental masturbation. Enjoy.

The F-22 is too much for Somalia its too expensive to maintain and its crap the SU-27 can still take it out. I think still the F-16 is the best choice for Somalia than the MIG29 its crappy its only good to shootdown UAVs like it did in Georgia.

Even if Somalia never got into this mess and were great chums with the Americans I doubt the US would sell them F-22's. I think that South Korea wanted to buy some, but US didnt want to sell it.

F-35 is probably the closest thing Somalia could get to a F-22, but Somalia definitely doesnt have the money, recources, manpower and know-how to maintain and use a F-35.

Well Somalia used to use lots of MiG-19's and such, and seeing as it will take a long while for Somalia to gain the trust of America I think you will have to lower the standard bar down to MiG-21's.

The F-22 is crap? You do realize that 1 F-22 can simultaneously engage and destroy 5 F-15s at the same time right? And those F-15s were piloted by Americas best pilots. Typical pro Russian propaganda that we all expect from zasta. Comic books and movies don't count as sources bud. And for the pro Russian thing.... Get over it kid, you aren't even Russian and they aren't nearly as powerful as you seem to believe.

Spreiken sie Englisch? I didnt say the F-22 is crap, I said it isnt as good as its cracked up to be. In the short run it is one of the best fighter aircraft out there, but in the long run its not so good?

Yes and here is my comic book source:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/09/AR2009070903020.html

Somalia does not have pool of Jet engine mechanics
Avionics techs, airframe mechanics and the various necessary support crew to field even a freakin ultra light. Nor do they have the necessary pool of potential recruits to draw from. Let alone aviators to drive these aircraft.

You forgot to say "Captain Obvious was here".

Capt obivious should have godsmacked your young dumb butt a helluva a long time ago. Now why don't you and your new BFF go figure out how to make a workable country instead of talking about cool toys. You can tell him about how cool Communism was and he can tell you how you two master stratigiests are gonna train a buncha khat chewing goat herders to service and fly modern aircraft. That should be fun.

But of course, Capitano el Obvisio!

Apologies, I totally forgot the topic is called "How to restructure the Somali economy and make the glorify America". So silly of me! It must be the Commiejuice ive been drinking lately which dilutes my blood into sinister and unacceptable anti-Americanism! I cant BELEIVE I thought this topic had anything to do with aviation!

So silly. But now we have sorted everything out, ill let you start glorifying the great, heroic and freedom loving nation of the USA.

Zastava-Arms thanks i have to admit Russia has been always Somalias best ally and friend. SOmalia has outperformed any african nation in development in every field by the help of the Soviets at that time they were far better than the Americans. What good did the Americans do only invading and invading other countries and killing hunderds of people. If we are going to buy anything American we will face the problems the Hugo Chavez faces with his F-16s.

I think once again Somalia should consider looking towards Russia for help with these hardware.Somalia needs to go back to its foreign policy of the 1970s-1980s.

03USMC A.k.a Paris Hilton If i want to talk about economic and other development i wouldnt be here you dumb**** seriously what IQ do you have 3 or something why are you mentioning Best Friend Forever stuff on my Forum this is not PARIS HILTONS fanclub so why dont you get the hell out of this topic. I doubt that you can understand what you read ?
This topic about SOMALI AIR FORCE

what do you know about its history other than what you have researched from google nothing i guess right why dont you grab yourself some make-up from Wal-mart store and get the hell from this topic and impose your American ideas on other forums and make gay US troops in Afghanistan and Iraq happy with your webcam. Then Abu Graib would not happend again PARIS

if you dont have anything to add here dont ****ing waste your time by advertising America here everyone knows what America does to the world and how the World is feeling about America.Btw what do you think that America only has pilots and mechanics. What happend to USSR is going to happend to USA.

Somalia had mechanics of any field even space at some time. What do you think we are alike other African nations youre wrong dont write crap here think you know about Somalia because you have watched some aid advertisment about some other African country. Do you know your Geography Paris ? Wall-mart is not a country im just telling you so that you know. Silly Paris ;)

Im not in any way against Americans just have to make a clear point to Paris thanks everyone.

for others Wal-mart is a grocery shop in America.

Zastava Arms could i add you to friends ?

Some pictures for others and PARIS HILTON we had mechanics since the 1950s as we may all know or not Somali Air Force was created 1954.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure the topic is "Somali Air Force 1954-1958" Not the "Crackpipe dreams of a boy and his BFF". The problem here is you are talking too comfortably about things you don't fully understand. Stick with your crayons and communist superhero action figures. Somaliace said the F-22 is crap smart guy, that post was directed towards both of you.

Sorry I can't cut you down like you deserve, I'm typing this on my iPhone. You are not worth the time it would take.

03USMC A.k.a Paris Hilton If i want to talk about economic and other development i wouldnt be here you dumb**** seriously what IQ do you have 3 or something why are you mentioning Best Friend Forever stuff on my Forum this is not PARIS HILTONS fanclub so why dont you get the hell out of this topic. I doubt that you can understand what you read ?

Oh, this will be good. I need some popcorn...

to ansewer SomaliACE question as to why the world would eb suspicios of somalia(sorry i may have usedthe wrong word). but what i meant was that countries would be reluctant to sell things to somailia even after a government had been set up just becuase of somalias record of instability...

Originally Posted by SomaliACE
umm when was this ever your forum????...

Last edited:
Oh the Air Force that Somalia doesn't have and won't have anytime in the near future, because it's a rouge failed state? That Air Force?

Just so you know your Russian Friend is a teeny booper from Oz.

Your forum huh? News to me might wanna let Redleg know you and Zavasta elected you Supreme Commander or whatever.......pretty sure he didn't get the memo there stud.

The stability and economy of a nation has nothing to do with a nations ability to build and maintain a military is that your argument? Back at you whatts your damn IQ? If that were true every 3rd & 4th world crap hole would be launching aircraft carriers and flying state of the art birds instead of running around in sandles and toting rusty AK's. Stabilty and economy are the first thing you need.

Paris Hilton? Really? Thats what ya got? I,ll mark that down as a khat induced hallucination.

Last edited:
In the last photo does it look like all those fellas just got married to each other? Whick one is Zavasta and which one is SomaliACE?

He probably ment "Topic", not forum.

Right, so we are BFF's just because we agree on a few things...

How about you go back to eating your roadkill and torturing African Americans you redneck peice of trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back