Somali Air Force 1954-1958 Rare Pictures !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomaliACE

Banned
:)

The Somali Air Force Academy in 1954 -1958

Once a proud nation :salute:

My uncle served in the Somali Air Force from 1954-1982
Had Family member who served from 1972-1981

Somali Air Force needs to be re-established here are some recommendations i made

Fighter/Attack/Interceptor
F-16E/F Block 60 x 150/F-15C x 65/Su-30 x 70

Its or the F-16 or F-15 or SU30 so its not all of them

Reconnaissance/Maritime Patrol
CN-235MPA x 40
IAI Heron x 5
Boeing 737 AEW&C x 3

Trainer
T-38 x 30
PC-7 x 20

Transport
CN235-200/220 x 25
C-130 x 20

MSAR ( Military Search and Rescue) save pilots behind enemy lines.
UH-1 Huey/Iroquois x 20 (Produce locally after getting license)
UH-60 Blackhawk x 12

Attack Helicopter
Eurocopter Tiger x 10
AH-64 Apache x 10
TAI/AgustaWestland T-129 x 30

Somalia lays in important strategic place on earth. So it should maintain controll over the skies of Somalia. Instead of being a offensive force better to be defensive force.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehh, I think Somalia needs to make sure their citizens eat before buying up on all the modern kit on that list. Don´t you?

Yes sure but that comes along if we sell our fruits oil uranium we could feed our people so that wont be problem the only problem is to be much stronger than average gunman in Somalia. This could only be done by showing strength in the air and show Somalia is back on track. There is no hunger if you know what i mean there is more money in Somalia than there is Europe Asia how about these ransoms of millions by the pirates and the flow of weapons. There is big business out there so it should not stop re-building an air force. Its just we need to un-arm our citizens everyone is potential threat to themselves and others. :pirate::biggun:

Hard to dissarm people from the air mate.
To achive that you need boots on the ground. No posh fighterjets are going to get that done.
Another concern is this..What would prevent any given warlord to buy himself one of them planes complete with pilot.
Not like the average Somali are bathing in cash.
Shouldn´t be hard to trumph the goverment pay.
Modern equipment in the hands of the wrong people could potentially mess up the situation outside Somalia even worse.

At this stage we know what we got.
Ill equipped, ill trained, ill fed pirates in small barges with AK,s and perhaps a few RPG,s.
We can and are handeling that "threat" without offering up all our tier 1 units wich are sorely needed at other locations.

I think your enthusiasm about restoring Somalia is comendable.
I do however think the way you try to achieve this is starting at the wrong end.
Get a few mechanized batalions together and start to disarm people instead.

When the rest of the world see you are serious about getting your **** together I bet alot of countries will help you out with the kit you need.

Basically, right now, arming Somalia is a too dangerous proposition to many nations as there are no guarantees whatsoever that the kit will reach the intended destination.

//KJ.

Hard to dissarm people from the air mate.
To achive that you need boots on the ground. No posh fighterjets are going to get that done

Very well said, I agree 100%. Somalia really needs to pull everything on the ground together. I think that if Somalia managed to form a navy capable of dealing with pirates it would be great

Very well said KJ i have to admit. Its just im over excited lol. Yep every thing that goes in the sky needs to come down. Im with you on that ground offensive sweeping clear any hostile elements on the ground. That would take an Professional army like US army months to take just one city Mogadishu imagine if the whole country needs to be retaken from thugs and warlords.

These warlords didnt kill just regular infantry soldiers in 1993 but the core elite Delta force so its not easy task an Mechanized Battalion would be slaughtered in four days times. This people im talking about have nothing to live for so there is nothing anymore that scares them.

How do you threat anyone with the death if he is not scared of dying so the enemy and the Somali Goverment have same budgets and same weapons. How do you win in this situation ? There are no losers and winners. But there are certain elements that are ruining Somalias chance of becoming an stable country. These elements are not in Somalia but outside of Somalia so the ideology of this war is not Somali one but foreign war.

Now referring about Pirates.
Imagine you have fished for years and generations. You make your living off selling fish and all sudden the fish quantity that you used to get is considerably low and you cant get enough money to live and there is no sign of goverment who is taking care of you. At same time you see foreign ships dumping toxic waste which some family members died of a rare disease (Cancer) and if thats not enough a Foreign naval forces practise with live ammunition on you while fishing. Believe me you would take up arms and stop any ship that comes by. These Somalis are stronger than foreign navies in their waters could anyone do anything no simply nothing
Its not problem that just started today it had been there for 200 years why didnt we complain all these years. Believe me Somali waters are training grounds for Foreign Navies.:pirate::biggun:

I hope you see from prospective of Somali side not just the side of the Media which potrays them as murderous crazy paranoia guys with AKs.
Try to understand:read:

In bold....

Very well said KJ i have to admit. Its just im over excited lol. Yep every thing that goes in the sky needs to come down. Im with you on that ground offensive sweeping clear any hostile elements on the ground. That would take an Professional army like US army months to take just one city Mogadishu imagine if the whole country needs to be retaken from thugs and warlords.
Months? It'll take a lifetime to really clean up and secure that city.

These warlords didnt kill just regular infantry soldiers in 1993 but the core elite Delta force so its not easy task an Mechanized Battalion would be slaughtered in four days times.
There was perhaps a little over a hundred US soldiers in the heart of enemy territory with no armor and air limited to Little Birds and Black Hawks (firing MG and rockets). They still managed to arrest the folks who attended the meeting and managed to get out of the city, though with heavy losses and only after the introduction of light armored vehicles. If I were the Somali commander, I'd be pissed.
This people im talking about have nothing to live for so there is nothing anymore that scares them.
There are, but they are things that would cause an international incident and would tarnish the reputation of any country which did it for decades.

How do you threat anyone with the death if he is not scared of dying
There are things worse than death. See above.
so the enemy and the Somali Goverment have same budgets and same weapons. How do you win in this situation ? There are no losers and winners. But there are certain elements that are ruining Somalias chance of becoming an stable country. These elements are not in Somalia but outside of Somalia so the ideology of this war is not Somali one but foreign war.
Well don't look at us. We just want Somalia to go away.

Now referring about Pirates.
Imagine you have fished for years and generations. You make your living off selling fish and all sudden the fish quantity that you used to get is considerably low and you cant get enough money to live and there is no sign of goverment who is taking care of you.
I suppose anyone who is poor and commits a crime should be sent free?
At same time you see foreign ships dumping toxic waste which some family members died of a rare disease (Cancer) Where'd you read that? Not even Al Jazeera says garbage of that caliberand if thats not enough a Foreign naval forces practise with live ammunition on you while fishing.
The ROEs regarding engaging pirates have been one of the most confusing, stifling and restrictive. Provide some proof as to "target practice" involving pirates as targets.
Believe me you would take up arms and stop any ship that comes by. These Somalis are stronger than foreign navies in their waters could anyone do anything no simply nothing Welcome back UnitedSomalia, we've been missing you ;)
Its not problem that just started today it had been there for 200 years why didnt we complain all these years. Believe me Somali waters are training grounds for Foreign Navies. No we're not going to believe you. 200 years... in that time you guys could have become a decent country, used its strategic position along the Horn of Africa to have an important port... could have maybe tapped into some of your resources... but no

I hope you see from prospective of Somali side not just the side of the Media which potrays them as murderous crazy paranoia guys with AKs.
Try to understand
Truth is, I really do want to see the Somali side. Hmm... although I don't believe what you wrote (about target practice, dumping toxic waste intentionally in Somali waters) I am interested in where you actually got this sort of "information." Is it something that most Somalis actually believe?Sometimes truth is not so much important as what the other side believes is true.

So basically, although I don't believe many of the things you say, I am interested in where you got that sort of info and whether or not belief of it is commonplace among Somalis living in and out of Somalia.
And instead of just the influences from outside, what can you tell us about the conflict within Somalia itself?

I am Somali so where do you get the best information from Somalia other than an Somali you tell me ? Do you know whats the situation in Somalia other than the monthly or once a year CNN broadcast about Somalia? Do you get confronted with daily problems of Somali citizens you dont right ?
How do you know what you think you know about Somalia that you could build up an discussion. Youre not equal partner to discuss with i think.
Go and build up some knowledge i dont mean some CNN or any other Media outlet articles but reliable truthful information. :confused:

The international Navies has come out in force to condemn and declare war on the Somali fishermen a.k.a Pirates while discreetly protecting the illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fleets from around the world that have been poaching and dumping toxic waste in Somali waters since the fall of the Somali government eighteen years ago.:sleep:

You ask me why Somalia needs all this modern equipment to challenge the countries in our waters and guide them back to their country:visor:. The odd thing is that most of these countries were pirates themselves in 17/18th Century.:pirate2:

You said that there was no waste
How did you come to this conclusion i have found million articles i could seriously challenge this read below next time think twice before answering or even challenging anything thank you very much !:-|

Source: Al Jazeera English

Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah, the UN envoy for Somalia confirmed to Al Jazeera the world body has "reliable information" that European and Asian companies are dumping toxic waste, including nuclear waste, off the Somali coastline.
"I must stress however, that no government has endorsed this act, and that private companies and individuals acting alone are responsible," he said
Allegations of the dumping of toxic waste, as well as illegal fishing, have circulated since the early 1990s.
But evidence of such practices literally appeared on the beaches of northern Somalia when the tsunami of 2004 hit the country.

Source: United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP)

However, the team was able to establish that Somalia's coastline "has been used as a dumping ground for other countries' nuclear and hazardous wastes for many years." Those dumping the waste have capitalised on the long civil war in Somalia, which has had no central government since the 1991 ouster of the late dictator Mohammed Siad Barre, and "the consequent inability of the authorities to police shipments or handle the wastes," says the report.URL=http://img408.imageshack.us/i/somaliacoastwastedumpin.jpg/]
somaliacoastwastedumpin.jpg
[/URL]
Besides the waste, Somalia's coast has also been receiving shiploads of industrial, hospital, chemical, leather treatment and other toxic waste. "Most of the waste was simply dumped on the beaches in containers and disposable leaking barrels without regard to the health of the local population and any environmentally devastating impacts," the report says.

Soo are you reliable do i have to believe what you say ?

BTW we are too far from the originel subject which was those photos.

:pirate:

I am Somali so where do you get the best information from Somalia other than an Somali you tell me ? Do you know whats the situation in Somalia other than the monthly or once a year CNN broadcast about Somalia? Do you get confronted with daily problems of Somali citizens you dont right ?
How do you know what you think you know about Somalia that you could build up an discussion. Youre not equal partner to discuss with i think.
Go and build up some knowledge i dont mean some CNN or any other Media outlet articles but reliable truthful information. :confused:

Do you live in Somalia right now?
Otherwise I have more current knowledge about what is going on in the Gulf of Aden then you do.
Do not speak of reliable truthful information and then link to Al Hadjizeera.

The international Navies has come out in force to condemn and declare war on the Somali fishermen a.k.a Pirates while discreetly protecting the illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fleets from around the world that have been poaching and dumping toxic waste in Somali waters since the fall of the Somali government eighteen years ago.:sleep:

Fishermen do NOT need to carry guns OR RPG,s.
If they do they are pirates and they are boarded and arrested.
If they will not comply with inspection OR open fire at a ship they are engaged.
That´s the current ROE in the Gulf.
Your talk about dumping waste is bollocks.
I do not deny the photo you posted, but what is to say the container is not from a vessel attacked by pirates?
Nifty piece of propaganda that..A container or another that says "made in the real world"
I ain´t buying it.

You ask me why Somalia needs all this modern equipment to challenge the countries in our waters and guide them back to their country:visor:. The odd thing is that most of these countries were pirates themselves in 17/18th Century.:pirate2:

So you DO need the kit to support the illeagal pirating of your coast and to make the job harder for the navies off your shore?
That is exactly the reason you shouldn´t get them.

You said that there was no waste
How did you come to this conclusion i have found million articles i could seriously challenge this read below next time think twice before answering or even challenging anything thank you very much !:-|

I challenge your opinions since you are pro piracy.

Source: Al Jazeera English

Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah, the UN envoy for Somalia confirmed to Al Jazeera the world body has "reliable information" that European and Asian companies are dumping toxic waste, including nuclear waste, off the Somali coastline.
"I must stress however, that no government has endorsed this act, and that private companies and individuals acting alone are responsible," he said
Allegations of the dumping of toxic waste, as well as illegal fishing, have circulated since the early 1990s.
But evidence of such practices literally appeared on the beaches of northern Somalia when the tsunami of 2004 hit the country.

Source: United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP)

However, the team was able to establish that Somalia's coastline "has been used as a dumping ground for other countries' nuclear and hazardous wastes for many years." Those dumping the waste have capitalised on the long civil war in Somalia, which has had no central government since the 1991 ouster of the late dictator Mohammed Siad Barre, and "the consequent inability of the authorities to police shipments or handle the wastes," says the report.URL=http://img408.imageshack.us/i/somaliacoastwastedumpin.jpg/]
somaliacoastwastedumpin.jpg
[/URL]
Besides the waste, Somalia's coast has also been receiving shiploads of industrial, hospital, chemical, leather treatment and other toxic waste. "Most of the waste was simply dumped on the beaches in containers and disposable leaking barrels without regard to the health of the local population and any environmentally devastating impacts," the report says.

Soo are you reliable do i have to believe what you say ?
Bla bla bla bla bla..

BTW we are too far from the originel subject which was those photos.

You opened it up with your list of kit we should at all costs prevent from reaching Somalia.
:pirate:

People are getting really fed up with Somali crap spilling out over the borders..
Only a matter of time before someone gives them another bloody nose.
Have a good day.
//KJ.

This kit going to be used to defend Somalia Sovereignty whether its on land or on our waters. How could you call somebody a pirate while he is around his waters. Foreign Navies are far from their country THEY ARE THE REAL PIRATES. I dont blame all these countries its just Somalia doesnt have functional goverment like it did before 1991.How do you know all this? let me guess Channel 4 news i am from that country mate. Dont worry enjoy Somali Fish and Chips btw as long its availabe.

Bloody nose dont think so why are these navies all at sea why dont they come onshore than we going to give them a bloody nose. Because they are Scared Dont worry we could always remind them off Black Hawk Down so they are not stupid to come onshore.

Anyways whether you like it or not we will get those essential equipment.
since you dont own Lockheed Martin or Boeing XD or any other Aerospace industry.:pirate2:
I hope one day we will be a regional power like we used be 1977-1985

Yeah, you're not getting Apaches. Or even Hueys, for that matter. Despite not owning the company, I'm pretty certain there's no way that someone in Congress would be stupid enough to approve a foreign military sale to a "state" (and I use the term loosely) with no government. Sorry.

Lol United States is not the only country that makes the Hueys UH-1s.
We could get them from Italy, South Korea, Japan, Iran. We could buy the License from various countries and produce it ourselves its not an modern helicopter its more than 30 years old. About the Apache we could buy them from Italy. Somalia and Italy have great relations so we could get the equipement you have mentioned. :angel:

We could always turn to China/Russia for other equipement.
So no need for the United States its not what it used to be other countries produce aircrafts at same quality or perhaps even better like Isreal. Somalia never needed the United States we were always Pro-Russian. I dont think we need it now either:visor:

I get you anger but try to understand the civilians living in Mogadishu during the battle who all lost people due to helicopter attacks during night. Most of these people never served in any military they simply militia.

This kit going to be used to defend Somalia Sovereignty whether its on land or on our waters. How could you call somebody a pirate while he is around his waters. Foreign Navies are far from their country THEY ARE THE REAL PIRATES. I dont blame all these countries its just Somalia doesnt have functional goverment like it did before 1991.How do you know all this? let me guess Channel 4 news i am from that country mate. Dont worry enjoy Somali Fish and Chips btw as long its availabe.

No foreign Naval units are attacking civilian shipping.
Channel four news? No, actually working off the deck of HMS Malmö in the Gulf.
How about you, do you currently live in Somalia?

I don´t eat fish and chips..So by all accounts I wouldn´t be bothered if it went missing of the menues of the world.
Then again I imagine the fish probably would come from some other nation..

Bloody nose dont think so why are these navies all at sea why dont they come onshore than we going to give them a bloody nose. Because they are Scared Dont worry we could always remind them off Black Hawk Down so they are not stupid to come onshore.

No one wants to come ashore..
Ofcourse not.
Nothing of value in Somalia.
And charity towards civilians are only worth so many lives.
As long as you keep it inside your borders we are all fine with you lot killing eachother off.

Anyways whether you like it or not we will get those essential equipment.
since you dont own Lockheed Martin or Boeing XD or any other Aerospace industry.:pirate2:
I hope one day we will be a regional power like we used be 1977-1985

If you put your hope to Russia you should think again.
Russia were amongst the countries in the security counsil that voted through resolution 733.

Have a nice day..

:cry:Guys you have to understand that i mean not now that any of these countries could either help us or deliver anything until the situation on the ground is dramatically improved. How could you deliver anything while the goverment is not even in controls a single street in the whole country ?

I mean if the country get better which i dont believe its anytime soon
just yesterday there had been a attack on university students killing 19 students and 3 goverment ministers.:mad:

Its up to the Somalis themselves to stand shoulder to shoulder and unite against these criminals. Then they are worthy to be partner to deal and exchange materials including military equipment.:cry:

KJ earlier you were right there needs to be boots on the ground. Its just that im looking for few of ground equipement that we could get.:army:

Lol United States is not the only country that makes the Hueys UH-1s.

No, but for some reason I doubt that the other countries that manufacture it are allowed to turn around and sell their licenses to third parties. Also, getting equipment from Iran is a baaaaad idea for Somalia's well-being...

SomaliACE, I think that before you guys try rebuilding your military, you should try rebuilding everything else. You have war lords running around, killing people. You have so many people dying of famine and pestilence. Whatcha gonna feed your pilots? And their families? What about them?

Hmm you are right but how could you deliver aid and rebuild a nation if these bloody thirsty warlords are now turning the people into fundamentalists preaching wrong interpretetion of Islam funded by Gulf states called wahabism. There always needs to be a military element to achieve peace in Somalia. Since the gun rules the streets of Somalia.

Commander i think they could do it i dont know for sure but i think so.
Why couldnt you deal with Iran the whole world does but i see where you coming from US is not too friendly too Iran.

Hmm you are right but how could you deliver aid and rebuild a nation if these bloody thirsty warlords are now turning the people into fundamentalists preaching wrong interpretetion of Islam funded by Gulf states called wahabism. There always needs to be a military element to achieve peace in Somalia. Since the gun rules the streets of Somalia.

1. Stop blaming everyone else for Somalias problems, first is to accept responsibility.
(One post ago you were blaming the naval forces outside your coast for being pirates, now it´s the gulf states that **** you up inland? The warlords are your own produce, if you can create them you can bring them down.)

2. Build yourself a nation.
It all starts with ONE person standing up preaching something else.

Commander i think they could do it i dont know for sure but i think so.
Why couldnt you deal with Iran the whole world does but i see where you coming from US is not too friendly too Iran.

Alot of the world are watching Iran rather careful.
That comes with the territory if you have a lunatic as a leader and try to develop a Nuke capability.

Have a nice day.

KJ please dont tell me about Somalia. There is much larger external influence in Somalia than ever before in the last 3 years Somalia has seen increase in funding of arms to different factions around the country. Somalia is not to blame only who manufactures the weapons? who funds the war ?

If Somalia is soo called poor and people dont have nothing to eat an AK47 is much cheaper at local markets than food. There are foreign elements that keep dragging this war into its 20th year soon. Nobody could stand up since the foreign elements are going to assassinate anybody who thinks differently and keeps the warlords occupied with money and weapons.

About Iran, Somali-Iran relations were good we used to have friendly relationship thats all not more than that. Why should we see the world from American perspective? We see the world from Somalias perspective we need every support we could get. Dont be onesided than your not fit for discussion. There many countries supporting Iran like Brazil Venezuela Bolivia Russia. Many more including worlds new superpower China. All these countries support their nuclear ambitions which are peacefull at this stage. This does not mean that Somalia is either going to help or support we have not the ability to do so.

Remmember US is the only country in the world that used a two nuclear bombs so when did they become sweethearts?
How could you talk about someone else Nuclear ambitions if you yourself have thrown it on nagasaki and hiroshima in 1945 killing 220.000 CIVILIANS !!

KJ i will tell you this first learn about who you are defending unwillingly and stop being one sided stop seeing the world from prespective of manipulated Media. Discover and research about past present. stop also being such an ass on my forum. I am not here to be dragged into politics im here to talk about military stuff. Oh yeah and remmember youre not expert on Somalia so listen and learn.

Have pretty nice day :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back