Single vs. Relationship

(buzz-buzz).....Wrong female on the radar. Need a request for the change target, over.

That's why I'll never get married (Can you say, "GAME OVER?"), never have kids (the little bastards) and waste any money I have on beer and strippers, because a relationship is just a prolonged period of spending without thinking.

I don't even want close friends. Too much chance of someone trying to hurt me. Me and my now icy heart want to be left alone.

Do what you like for a couple of days. But do it alone. Read a book, visit your family, do something productive. It never pays to just sit and sulk.

I do all those things, dearheart. But there are some kinds of pain that you just can't get over that easily. And no matter what you do, the pain just doesn't seem to want to go away.

I no longer trust women or most people enough to have any kind of relationship. I like spending most of my time alone, and have learned through painful experience a. you can bring them in, feed them, let them trash your place, and b. be ready, willing, and on call for any kind of physical work or stressful situation where they may require your services, but they will not be keen on returning the favor.

I have chronic reliability issues with many of the people I know:

"You coming eat this weekend?"
"I'll call you if I'm not coming."-WTF?
8pm that evening, after we've eaten at 12: "Hey, bro, I can't come for lunch today."

So I stay single and spend my time working as much as possible. And sevens, you have an excellent point.

I'm right there with ya, deerslayer. It saddens me, though, that you got there so much sooner than I. You're far too young to be that jaded. :(

I got it mainly because I spent two years completely on my own in high school after a harmless joke and my hunting, backpacking, fishing, and other manly activities pissed off the group of girls I hung out with. After finding out on Valentine's day that, hey, I'm no longer welcome around here, I lived in the gym and would come home to do chainsaw work until 5:30-6, because the only way I slept was to work myself into exhaustion. It ended up affecting my relations with my family. My best friend eventually told me that until my junior year, I was never a bitter or sarcastic person- always happy-go-lucky, fairly easy to get along with.

Now I don't trust people on general principle, unless I've hunted, fished, or lifted with them- I'll trust them with my life because I know they're dependable.

Wow. That's me to a T except that there isn't one single solitary living soul that I trust. Not one. Everytime I get to the point where I start to trust someone, that seems to be the exact moment they decide to screw me over. So I don't even bother anymore. Why should I fight for a friendship/relationship that the other person(s) don't want? There's no point.

Back