Security team repels Pirates

It's great to see that a better stance is being taken of pirates. It's nice to know that our trade is at least having a good attempt at being protected. Yet one thing is still on mind, would this in turn make the pirates go for more less gaurded ships like yaughts and cause them to capture incent citizens just on holiday? We've already got this problem of a couple being help ransom who were just on holiday. Yet according to British policy, I believe, they will refuse to pay ransom or even assist you when you are arrested. Could more problems start to occure? However it;s nice to know that the waters are tring to bemade safer!

One probably ought not go "on holiday" in the waters off Somalia. At some point,a person needs a pinch of good sense.

Being NAIVE in places you do not know and should not trust is never wise.
pirates from Somalia by now are a known hazard. I can't think anyone sends a valuable ship,crew and cargo through the area without any plan.

Pillage,rape and plunder may have been a fun holiday for the Vikings...but they were not the ones getting pillaged raped and plundered.:pirate:

Exactly although I just think sink em and sail away is the most cost effective method of dealing with the problem.

I also think insurance companies should stop insuring vessels sailing through the region and an enforced ban needs to be put on the payment of ransoms.

Pretty much.....

You could rig up a "bait" ship and periodically cruise through, looking like a fat victim, it would be very well armed. The policy would be that the pirates go down with their boat. The gangs running these pirate raids would then not know what ship is the one that's the pirate killer,which would make the endeavor much less rewarding.

Paying ransoms to pirates...led to that "shores of Tripoli" line in the Marine's anthem.

Pretty much.....

You could rig up a "bait" ship and periodically cruise through, looking like a fat victim, it would be very well armed. The policy would be that the pirates go down with their boat. The gangs running these pirate raids would then not know what ship is the one that's the pirate killer,which would make the endeavor much less rewarding.

Paying ransoms to pirates...led to that "shores of Tripoli" line in the Marine's anthem.

That's what the Soviet Navy did when they fought Chinese and other pirates in the Pacific and the South China sea, in the old days. My father served there then.

They would sometimes have a cruise ship-type vessel or something of that sort, that looks like a undefended luxury ship, well-off citizens on holiday. But, it would be stuffed by a sceleton crew who'd have secure rooms to hide in during the pirate attack; and instead of passengers would be armed Morpekh (Soviet, now Russian Naval Infantry, our Marines) men. Killed many pirates this way. While USSR was in tact, very little piracy was in that region. Our navy kept it down. We had bases in Vietnam, operated from there, and from valdivostok, also. Our government is getting that base back now, actually. They want to reactivate it. Some good news. :D And, now, our Navy and Morpekh are putting their knowledge against those Somali pirates too. There is the video here. Very nice, I think.

Last edited:
The South African police have arrested Captains of cargo ships if they are found to carry firearms without a South African licence.

Makes me think that South Africa is in favour of the pirates.
Seems to be a problem in many Ports, they have thier gun Laws & don't care what happens on the way there.

Danes capture Pirate ship, free hostages.

The South African police have arrested Captains of cargo ships if they are found to carry firearms without a South African licence.

Makes me think that South Africa is in favour of the pirates.

Maybe they have some financial interest...

Back