More Iran warships to counter Somali pirates

If this is true who will be controlling this $2 billion dollars? They could pay the pirates not to be pirates or keep the people in huts and shove religion down their throats.

Well It's quite a right descion by Iranians to send in their flotilla to save the shipping lanes. Soon Pakistan Navy ships will also enter somalian water for Anti piracy ops.
Originally posted by SHERMEN
Great. Thats like bringing in an allegator to save you from a crocodile.

I think Iranian Allegator is acceptable instead of israeli anaconda.
800px-Pakisan_First.jpg

Last edited:
Well there is two billion plus change rolling into Somalia right now according to United Somalia, who had been on a fundraiser.
Hopefully this money will go towards the goverment fighting pirates, not to goverment funding of pirates...

//KJ.

I been to a UN sponsored fund raising and which was also a platform for addressing ways to help the Somali government deal with the insurgency and the piracy. Representatives of the UN, EU, U.S., Britain, Arab league, Italy, African Union, and the Somali government were their. This was a strictly a platform to help the government deal with the problems it is facing economically, militarily, and through training of the newly reconstituted Somali military. Even working groups were set up that will directly report to the countries and organizations I mentioned above about the progress in Somalia and will be responsible in helping the Somali government wisely use these funds given to them by the international community and the Somali diaspora. Everyone wants to see the new Federal coalition government of Somalia to succeed and stabilize Somalia.

Have you heard of the new military offensive the Somali government undertook? The Somali government recently began to launch the largest offensive against the insurgency and the warlords, the government is almost clearing them from the capital, has regained several strategic cities in central and southern Somalia from the insurgents and warlords, and it has imposed a total air and sea blockade on these group. The government stated that now ships or aircraft will be allowed to use only airports and ports controlled only by the Federal government and any planes and ships that are caught using ports or airstrips located in rebel held territory will be under threat from the Somali military, the international flotilla and the sanctions from the UN.

The world media has lately been to busy on the Iran election, the Obama speech, and the Netanyahu speech to notice the government offensives against the rebels.

one of the Links on the offensive: http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=96811&sectionid=351020501

I will provide more links later on the offensives

_40151730_flag203.jpg

"There is no safety in unlimited technological hubris" (McGeorge Bundy)

Yeah I hope the international flotilla don´t get sucked into the Somali civilwar.
Been There, Done That.
Nothing good came out of it.

At the rate we are sinking pirates I am all for continuing the original mission and leave Somalia for Somalis to fight over.

Back