Military Image Game

CORRECT!!!
I used this radio in our FFR Land Rovers back in the day.
I was the Digger who changed our vehicles from this old clunker (you used to have to let them mind up and when they stopped whirring, they were ready to use) to the current RAVEN VHF system

It seems that next is my turn...

Well, the picture. Not very high quality, sorry.

e65dfb9e16fd.jpg

Ok, it seems there is a hint needed...

Tank has a Soviet/Russian 125mm smoothbore gun with auto-loader and transmission, copied from American M-48/M-60 tanks. Mass production of this tank started in 1999 and it has seen no combat experience yet.

The vehicle is called in name of magic sword of first Shi'a imam Ali, believed to be rightful successor of the very prophet Muhammad. Number of vehicles built of entered the service is not known to Western World, since country where tank was designed and built is one of the `axis of evil`, and such details are kept in secret.

By any chance is it Malaysian?

Hmmm... it's a Turkish Yatagan isn't it? Popular design in the 19th century. That "S" shaped curved blade is a typical of a knife design of Islamic origin.

But I have a doubt because the handguard isn't a typical Yatagan.

Last edited:
You would be correct there Redneck, it is not a Yatagan, but it is commonly called that.
Lets just say that this is a Commonwealth design, and you have the correct period.
It is also instrumental in the identification of Australian soldiers (a bit cryptic there!!)

then you should know what it is then.
Another hint, it comes from the commonwealth service rifle at the end of the 19th century

Pattern 1860 Sword Bayonet. aka Yatagan Sword Bayonet.

Gotta admit I had to look that up.
It's very interesting that the Commonwealth adopted a blade of a trademark Islamic design.

Next:
Identify this weapon:

wonderwhatitis.jpg

Last edited:
your keen there redneck, how do you know you are correct???

Well, none the less you are, so put up a pic, oh, you already have.....
trophy.jpg

Just for a bit of history

Back