Member of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix80

Banned
Does this forum have such thing to introduce the member of the month and give him/her a badge of honor or something like that?

yea, that would be really cool.

VOTE FOR HOOHAA310 FOR SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(OR ELSE) :twisted: :rambo:

:rambo:

Italian Guy said:
Marinerhodes said:
Make a poll and let us see?

I think it's possible, but we would also set a turnout percentage IMO: a minimum of, say, 30 different people who participate.
Nope

Narrow down the members to 5 whom will be chosen by a board of moderators and elder members.
And polling should have a 24 hr deadline.

Simple!

phoenix_aim54 said:
Italian Guy said:
Marinerhodes said:

I think it's possible, but we would also set a turnout percentage IMO: a minimum of, say, 30 different people who participate.
Nope

Narrow down the members to 5 whom will be chosen by a board of moderators and elder members.

Simple!

:D Well Phoenix ever thought of applying for the UN reform plan special commission? ;)

Italian Guy said:
phoenix_aim54 said:
Italian Guy said:
Marinerhodes said:

Nope

Simple!

:D Well Phoenix ever thought of applying for the UN reform plan special commission? ;)

DOH@!! :oops:

Italian Guy said:
phoenix_aim54 said:
Italian Guy said:
Marinerhodes said:

Nope

Simple!

:rambo: :rambo: I will be like this if I go to UN... :rambo: :rambo:

hehehe... seriously, if you have a vacancy, I will be glad to take it.

Italian Guy said:
Mmm. Not sure it would be essential. What would the selection criteria be?

Italian Guy is right. What would the selection criteria be?
Who would decide?
If by poll, what criteria would govern? Minimum number of members? Minimum percentage of those polling? What?

you could do it by month.

every person that joined from this month, gets voted on. You could even go back in time, because of all the statistics the great and wonderful Redleg has kept, and vote for some previous months.

tomtom22 said:
Italian Guy said:

Who would decide?
If by poll, what criteria would govern? Minimum number of members? Minimum percentage of those polling? What?

Read what I wrote.
Moderators decide who should be up for voting.
Then members vote for those they think fit the criteria.

And I am making it hard for poor mods but it is up to them to set standards.

I read what you wrote and then I reread what you wrote and I still don't see any criteria or any good answers to my questions or Italian Guy's questions.

Italian Guy said:

Who would decide?

I guess the standards and measures to decide who is the candidate should be decided here among us. But let me give u some examples like the quality of the post, number of replies one's thread might receive.
How the candidates treat other people in the forum and how they react to opposite ideas.
And like I said, Mods and those who are called elder members (members with long history on this nice forum) will decide whom should be up for a vote. They can choose 5 persons for an up or down vote.
And run the poll for 48 hrs, the one who receives the most in 48 hrs polling period will be your man.

Is it clear?

phoenix_aim54 said:
Italian Guy said:

Who would decide?

I guess the standards and measures to decide who is the candidate should be decided here among us. But let me give u some examples like the quality of the post, number of replies one's thread might receive.
How the candidates treat other people in the forum and how they react to opposite ideas.
And like I said, Mods and those who are called elder members (members with long history on this nice forum) will decide whom should be up for a vote. They can choose 5 persons for an up or down vote.
And run the poll for 48 hrs, the one who receives the most in 48 hrs polling period will be your man.

Is it clear?

https://jobs.un.org/ :D

I'm not sure we need to have a (Forum) Member of the Month but it would be great to have a section for the best replies that come up. There are some hilarious replies that come up during any month - and having a "best of" section, I think would be attractive, and a good laugh, for both new and old members.

Mind you, I'm not really that in favour of starting too many more categories - its getting hard enough to follow the threads that I am interested in. But the really great retorts, anecedotes and one-liners are big part of the reason that keeps me coming back here. For people with limited time, it would be good to know that you didn't miss the best of the best.

Just to take it one step further. Would it be possible to add a button that just added the post automatically to a "best of section". Not the whole thread, but just the post itself. It would need to work in a way that the same post couldn't be added twice.

we don't need to open a new category.

What we need is a simple POLL thread in Poll/Vote part and a badge to honor the member of the month or week...

That is all

Now, I think it is time for Mods to come up with their answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back