Latest Australian Defence Force Pics 05/08/07

The Sergeant in question appears in 2 photos. In the 1st photo he is standing in the back hatch of an M113 with a helmet on, and the 2nd photo has him with a soft hat on.

20080710ran8109430_060_lo.jpg

Royal Australian Navy clearance divers in Hawaii

20080710ran8109430_100_lo.jpg

Australian clearance divers from Australian Clearance Dive Team (AUSCDT) one and four conduct a practical insertion

20080710ran8109430_170_lo.jpg

Clearance divers from Dive Team 4 in Hawaii. RAN Clearance divers complete tasks such as mine clearance, underwater demolitions, hydrographic surveillance, reconnaissance, EOD, advance party beach landing, beach obstacle clearance and amphibious assault (direct action) tasks.

20080717adf8239716_004_lo.jpg

53 Battery, Royal Regiment of Australian Artillery honoured the visit of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI to Sydney by firing a 21 Gun salute from Mrs Macquarie's Chair.

20080715raaf8490713_0007_lo.jpg

SASR members carry the coffin of SIG Sean McCarthy at RAAF Base Amberly on his arrival back in Australia

RIP.

Looks like Australia honors its servicemen. Is that really the case?

We certainly do. It doesn't matter who they are or what circumstances lead to their deaths, they are all honoured. It stems from the ANZAC tradition and the respect it generates for servicemen within the Australian community.

We certainly do. It doesn't matter who they are or what circumstances lead to their deaths, they are all honoured. It stems from the ANZAC tradition and the respect it generates for servicemen within the Australian community.

That's awesome. If you're a professional soldier here, you're looked at like there's something wrong with you.

20080625adf8239682_157_lo.jpg

A section of mortars fire on likely enemy positions during a night mission at the new joint patrol base north of Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan.

20080705adf8239682_102_lo.jpg

An Australian Service Light Armoured Vehicle (ASLAV) fires on a known Taliban extremist spotting location in Baluchi, Afghanistan.

20080717adf8239682_408_lo.jpg

Lance Corporal Arron Killham provides over watch to Reconstruction Task Force soldiers patrolling a Taliban extremists firing position in Baluchi, Afghanistan.

20080824adf8239682_184_lo.jpg

Sergeant Gavin Kermode covers the streets in Tarin Kowt during a patrol to monitor construction of various projects by the Reconstruction Task Force.

20080925cs08_055_lo.jpg

(Left to right) CPL Blake Pascoe (8 Platoon) with PTE Stephen Axon, PTE Nicholas Baldwin, PTE Jae Butler-Evans, PTE Timothy Bray and CPL Mark Foster from 7 Platoon, Combat Team Charlie, ANZAC Battle Group receive pre-flight briefings before boarding UH-1H Iroquois helicopters for the Combat Team Charlie air-mobile insertion into their area of operations to kick off the Field Training Exercise (FTX) part of Cooperative Spirit 08.

20080925cs08_016_lo.jpg

9 Platoon soldiers from Combat Team Charlie, ANZAC Battle Group, listen in as 2LT Jordan Smith from the US 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team briefs them prior to mounting up in US Stryker armoured vehicles to secure a landing zone for the remainder of Combat Team Charlie during Cooperative Spirit 08.

20080925adf8161479_090_lo.jpg

Back to WW2 technology. Push bike patrols in Timor

20080731adf8239682_321_lo.jpg

Australian and Dutch soldiers patrol Baluchi in Afghanistan after an IED attack

20081010adf8114832_051_lo.jpg

Major General Timothy McOwan, DSC, CSM, Special Operations Commander Australia, makes his address to Private David Fisher's family, friends, veterans and Australian Defence Force members during a repatriation 'Ramp Ceremony', at Royal Australian Air Force Base Richmond.

20081010adf8114832_096_lo.jpg

Troopers from the SASR carry the casket of Pte David Fisher (2nd Squadron, SASR) who has been returned home 39 years after being killed in action in Vietnam. He was the last member of the Australian army to be returned after lengthy efforts by the army and RSL groups to find the bodies of all MIA Australian servicemen.

About what you said!

Rest in peace mate. Don't worry about your family, they're part of the regiment as much as you are, and they are in good hands.​

K, not hittin on anyone, but this is just my 2 cents worth! :)

They say you can't pick your family....well after reading that...I THANK MY GOD FOR THAT, makes me know i'm a Lucky girl from a Lucky Country!​

The words are stuck in my throat Mr AussieNick, as I do know all Aussie soldiers would say and do the very same.​

I haven't the words to say what my mind really thinks about that, so if it's alright with you, I will let this song do the talking for that.​

....but I do know I feel like this, my hands are shaking...and my heart beats fresh, full and renewed with every feeling I have about the wonderful Australian Military Family, especially for how they look after their own, and their neighbours too.

THERE ALL PRECIOUS AND PRICELESS PICS, AUSSIENICK, THANK YOU!

Last Night On Earth

Last edited:
They're official photo's. Nick is just reposting them so people can see them here. Why would you think these photo's would not be allowed to be shown?

They're official photo's. Nick is just reposting them so people can see them here. Why would you think these photo's would not be allowed to be shown?

In South Korea this would technically be a clear violation of OPSEC.
Only a very few sanctioned photos are allowed.
I remember being educated about our OPSEC rules. It was truly impossible to take a photo other than having a photo of you and only you taken against the backdrop of a blank wall. Usually they are lenient and allow you to take photos but under the condition that you never post them on the internet or give them away to friends or family.

Back