If UK had been invaded during WW2 who would in your opinion collaborate with the Germans

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
During the occupation of the Channel Islands Is a famous (infamous) photograph of a policeman chauffeuring a senior German officer in a police car.. Despite the fact the policeman concerned swore allegiance to King George V.

I firmly believe that the British police would have collaborated.

Such acts of treason were carried out in France and other countries as is well known

During the occupation of the Channel Islands Is a famous (infamous) photograph of a policeman chauffeuring a senior German officer in a police car.. Despite the fact the policeman concerned swore allegiance to King George V.

I firmly believe that the British police would have collaborated.

Such acts of treason were carried out in France and other countries as is well known

Some would have some wouldn't have, I think that is human nature and I don't think it is something that can be measured without taking into account the numbers that took up arms to fight against occupation and even those who risked punishment just to make the lives of the occupying armies as difficult as they could.

I think for groups like the police, town officials even medical personnel it is a very difficult position as they do have to liaise with occupying forces to maintain some level of order and that can look like collaboration.

I am certainly not saying some did not support the Germans and were guilty of collaboration but I suspect most would have tried to do their jobs as best they could.

Some would have some wouldn't have, I think that is human nature and I don't think it is something that can be measured without taking into account the numbers that took up arms to fight against occupation and even those who risked punishment just to make the lives of the occupying armies as difficult as they could.

I think for groups like the police, town officials even medical personnel it is a very difficult position as they do have to liaise with occupying forces to maintain some level of order and that can look like collaboration.

I am certainly not saying some did not support the Germans and were guilty of collaboration but I suspect most would have tried to do their jobs as best they could.
Sadly over the years I have come across too many police who are are without a doubt bullies who enjoy the power of their warrant. The London Metropolitan police are forever under investigation, quite frankly ''thugs'' in uniform.

I've watched mounted police on TV with batons break up a peaceful protest by women with small children, the batons were used to good effect. The children should not have been there in the first place, then neither should the mounted police with batons.

I have had a bored copper on nights tried to stitch me up on a drink driving charge, but thats a long story

High Court judges have ruled that the Metropolitan Police breached the rights of the organisers of a vigil for Sarah Everard in its handling of the planned event.

Reclaim These Streets (RTS) proposed a socially-distanced vigil for the murdered 33-year-old near to where she went missing in Clapham, south London, in March last year.

The four women who founded RTS and planned the vigil withdrew from organising it after being told by the force they would face fines of £10,000 each and possible prosecution if the event went ahead.

A spontaneous vigil and protest took place instead and the police were criticised for their actions after women were handcuffed and led away by officers.
A year after Sarah Everard's murder, are women any safer?
How Sarah Everard's killer was caught
The controversies the Met Police commissioner presided over

In a ruling on Friday, two senior judges upheld their claim, finding the Met's decisions in the run-up to the event were "not in accordance with the law".

In a summary of the ruling, Lord Justice Warby said: "The relevant decisions of the (Met) were to make statements at meetings, in letters, and in a press statement, to the effect that the Covid-19 regulations in force at the time meant that holding the vigil would be unlawful.

"Those statements interfered with the claimants' rights because each had a 'chilling effect' and made at least some causal contribution to the decision to cancel the vigil.

"None of the (force's) decisions was in accordance with the law; the evidence showed that the (force) failed to perform its legal duty to consider whether the claimants might have a reasonable excuse for holding the gathering, or to conduct the fact-specific proportionality assessment required in order to perform that duty."

The mass arrest of foreign Jewish families by French police and gendarmes at the behest of the German authorities, that took place in Paris on 16 and 17 July 1942. According to records of the Préfecture de Police, 13,152 Jews were arrested,[1] including more than 4,000 children.

They were held at the Vélodrome d'Hiver (lit. 'Winter Velodrome'; known as "Vel’ d’Hiv") in extremely crowded conditions, almost without food and water and with no sanitary facilities. In the week following the arrests, the Jews were taken to the Drancy, Pithiviers, and Beaune-la-Rolande internment camps,[2] before being shipped in rail cattle cars to Auschwitz for their mass murder.

The roundup was one of several aimed at eradicating the Jewish population in France, both in the occupied zone and in the free zone. French President Jacques Chirac apologized in 1995 for the complicit role that French police and civil servants played in the raid. In 2017, President Emmanuel Macron more specifically admitted the responsibility of the French State in the roundup and hence in the Holocaust.[3]

You are addressing two different problems. To be a cop can attract the wrong persons and it will always be a bad apples. There are good cops too and they were able to apprehend the ones responsible for the events you described. I get along well with our cops, especially the female cops. I have a thing for female cops.

The other problem is when a country is occupied. Governmental functions must be active and functional despite being occupied. The police can also provide the resistance with information. I think the Norwegian police contributed the Norse resistance with information, which ended up in the UK during the war.

When I was a boy you could trust the police, the rot started as far as I can tell in the1970's and 80'. As for armed police, I;ve seen them training using military ranges, in all honesty I wouldn.t trust them with a water pistol. There has been more negligent discharges by the police then firearms in civilian hands

When I was a boy you could trust the police, the rot started as far as I can tell in the1970's and 80'. As for armed police, I;ve seen them training using military ranges, in all honesty I wouldn.t trust them with a water pistol. There has been more negligent discharges by the police then firearms in civilian hands
I guess you should be happy yours do something, ours just sit around drinking coffee all day.

As far as arming them goes I would oppose that vehemently for much the same reason, we have a video of our armed offenders squad (our version of SWAT or armed response) shooting at a dog that was being "aggressive" (it was excited and running around them, jumping as dogs do), they fired 27 shots and missed.

I don't know what has happened to our police as in 30 years they have gone from the most respected organisation in the country to one of the least respected and trusted.

I hesitate to say this about our cops, but I have noticed the female cops have a tendency to use their firearms more than their male colleagues. The Swedish police don't have tasers.

I would say the Swedish police officers are quite good with firearms. They must pass the annually firearm test to be allowed out on the streets

A number of cops were being trained at army barracks in South Wales UK, the morons were posing with H&K MP5's in the mess, a massive no no

So the problem with the British police is mostly a question about education and testing candidates if they are suited to be cops?

So the problem with the British police is mostly a question about education and testing candidates if they are suited to be cops?
Sadly the job attracts the wrong sort of person. A few years ago a newspaper seller was killed by a cop during a demonstration, the newspaper seller had nothing to do with the demonstration.

Ian Tomlinson’s family say they want to see Pc Simon Harwood go on trial for manslaughter after an inquest jury ruled he killed the newspaper seller unlawfully.
3 May 2011

The family of newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson have called for a manslaughter trial after an inquest into his death at the G20 protests in London ruled he was unlawfully killed by Pc Simon Harwood.

The Met Police officer used “excessive and unreasonable” force in hitting Mr Tomlinson with a baton and shoving him to the ground, the jury said, despite the fact that the 47-year-old victim posed no threat.

The Director of Public Prosecutions, Keir Starmer, is to review the decision not to prosecute Pc Simon Harwood for his role in Mr Tomlinson’s death.
A spokesman said: “The Director of Public Prosecutions, Keir Starmer QC, made it clear last year that the decision not to prosecute anyone in relation to the death of Mr Ian Tomlinson would be reviewed in light of the evidence heard at the inquest. That review will now take place and will be thorough.”

Mr Tomlinson’s stepson Paul King said: “I would like to go to court and continue with the manslaughter charges.”

The inquest jury ruled that Pc Harwood acted illegally, recklessly and dangerously in shoving Mr Tomlinson to the pavement.

They rejected evidence from the officer and from pathologist Dr Freddy Patel, which could prompt reviews by both the Crown Prosecution Service and the Metropolitan Police.

Mr Tomlinson, 47, collapsed and died at the demonstrations in central London on April 1, 2009.

His record of violence was kept from the jury In short, he got away with it.

This is not the only incident of violence by British police.

Sadly the job attracts the wrong sort of person. A few years ago a newspaper seller was killed by a cop during a demonstration, the newspaper seller had nothing to do with the demonstration.

Ian Tomlinson’s family say they want to see Pc Simon Harwood go on trial for manslaughter after an inquest jury ruled he killed the newspaper seller unlawfully.
3 May 2011

The family of newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson have called for a manslaughter trial after an inquest into his death at the G20 protests in London ruled he was unlawfully killed by Pc Simon Harwood.

The Met Police officer used “excessive and unreasonable” force in hitting Mr Tomlinson with a baton and shoving him to the ground, the jury said, despite the fact that the 47-year-old victim posed no threat.

The Director of Public Prosecutions, Keir Starmer, is to review the decision not to prosecute Pc Simon Harwood for his role in Mr Tomlinson’s death.
A spokesman said: “The Director of Public Prosecutions, Keir Starmer QC, made it clear last year that the decision not to prosecute anyone in relation to the death of Mr Ian Tomlinson would be reviewed in light of the evidence heard at the inquest. That review will now take place and will be thorough.”

Mr Tomlinson’s stepson Paul King said: “I would like to go to court and continue with the manslaughter charges.”

The inquest jury ruled that Pc Harwood acted illegally, recklessly and dangerously in shoving Mr Tomlinson to the pavement.

They rejected evidence from the officer and from pathologist Dr Freddy Patel, which could prompt reviews by both the Crown Prosecution Service and the Metropolitan Police.

Mr Tomlinson, 47, collapsed and died at the demonstrations in central London on April 1, 2009.

His record of violence was kept from the jury In short, he got away with it.

This is not the only incident of violence by British police.
See this is the exact opposite to the problem we have, we begged our police to beat the crap out of protestors last year and they did literally nothing, it took the better part of 2 months to get them to move these bastards on and the end result was multimillion dollar damage to public property and a country that now no longer believes any rules apply to them.

Our police force is now the living embodiment of the Simpsons police force.

Seems we could do with swapping police forces for 6 months.

It was strange to see how the British police didn't do anything when the oil protesters blocked streets in London. But the German police didn't do anything either when they had the same problem. British and German civilians did it instead. I saw a video on YouTube how American police handled oil protesters. I will see if I can find it again. I did here it is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
It was strange to see how the British police didn't do anything when the oil protesters blocked streets in London. But the German police didn't do anything either when they had the same problem. British and German civilians did it instead. I saw a video on YouTube how American police handled oil protesters. I will see if I can find it again. I did here it is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I am all for protesting but there is a point where it has to stop.
Far too many groups have gone from protesting to imposing their will on everyone and that needs to stop so I agree with the US police on this.

The oil protesters only pissing people off. They don't get any support when they are blocking streets in cities. Interrupting sport events and throwing fluids on old paintings at museums.

I have noticed the same thing if a person has the controversial opinion that men cannot be women and women cannot be men. The trans activists can behave be violent or very threatening toward those who argue about biological facts and the police don't do anything.

Its so easy to get those numbnuts out of the way, simply spray them with aircraft fire fighting foam, it stinks like you wouldn't believe.
The stink of it moved a group of CND protesters from a RAF nuclear base years ago

Its so easy to get those numbnuts out of the way, simply spray them with aircraft fire fighting foam, it stinks like you wouldn't believe.
The stink of it moved a group of CND protesters from a RAF nuclear base years ago
Or manure, but the city folks wouldn't like that.

Back