Gun-Loving is a No-NO!

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
Well, I hope I am within bounds of where this thread belongs. I read it on another site and it was just to crazy not to post. Some people are such idiots it amazes me.

Gun-loving student wrongly accused

He is an Asian-American student at Virginia Tech University, whose personal blogs reveal a recently wounded heart and an eye-opening gun fetish.

But Wayne Chiang - the subject of fevered speculation on the internet - is not the man responsible for this morning's massacre at the southern US university.

Rumours that Chiang, 23, was the mass murderer spread across the world after links to his various blogs were posted on social networking website Facebook and similar sites. Many noted the similarities between Chiang and the person described in accounts of the Virginia Tech tragedy as the shooter.

More than 80,000 people visited Chiang's sites. The sites are decorated with photos of Chiang posing with semi-automatic weapons and Russian rifles. His last post before the killings showed him proudly standing alongside 14 Russian Mosin Nagant M44 weapons.

The sites also suggested a recent break-up, quoting maudlin love songs by Justin Timberlake and Katie Melua and quoting an "American proverb": "There are plenty of fish in the sea". One of the blogs was titled "Those who love at first sight are traitors at every glance".

At 10.29pm US Eastern time, Chiang finally sought to clear up the confusion.

"Coming out," his post said. "I am not the shooter. Through this experience, I have received numerous death threats, slanderous accusations, and my phone is out of charge from the barrage of calls. Local police have been notified of the situation."

Later, he sent his condolences to the families of those killed in Virginia, signing off with the slogan, "Go Hokies."

In an interview with American ABC, Chiang said: "Right now pretty much the internet thinks it is me . . . I am just interested in trying to clear my name.

"It was five for five. I was Asian, I lived in (the dorm), I go to V Tech, I recently broke up with my girlfriend and I collect guns."

Chiang believes that guns should be allowed on the Virginia Tech campus.

"I am a firm believer that if Virginia Tech students were allowed to conceal carry, this situation could have ended sooner."

theage.com.au

http://tinyurl.com/27x8yq

WTH is wrong with people? Since when is it not okay to love guns - and to have pictures taken with them?! Hello!!! It's like a car! Hundreds of people die every day from cars and there are pictures all over with students and their cars.

It's all about being proud of a possession.

I have a gun link on my MySpace, maybe I better take it down before I get in twouble.

Last edited:
It is one thing to have an interest in guns, I do. Especially old ones

You can have a collection of guns, thats fine too.

But people that love or obsess over guns need to see a shrink. Now I am not talking about gun-owners in general, but a small group of individuals to whom guns/firearms are the only things they care about.

And thats scary. We aren't talking about housewives obsessing over their tulips, but weapons designed to destroy life. I am all for responsible gun-ownership, I used to shoot too (not allowed to here in Europe). I agree, it's fun.

But there are guns, and their are idiots. And the worst possible combination is a idiot with a gun. Because that idiot runs a real risk of harming himself or others. And lets face reality, not everybody who owns a gun is a responsible gun-owner. That doesn't mean they all have criminal intent, but even carelessness can be fatal. Like leaving guns in unlocked/easily accessible places for children to find. Or storing you gun while its loaded/Safety off. Thats an example of irresponsible behavior.

I remember Charlton Heston said in a Interview that he slept with a loaded gun under his pillow because it made him 'feel better'. A handgun had replaced the traditional teddy bear, doesn't that strike anybody at just slightly paranoid?

I had a cousin that did the same thing. Of course in my cousins case, he was managing the filming of a nature documentary, and had refused to pay bribes to local mobsters in the Phillippeans and was receiving death threats. So it seemed his behavior a bit more justified than Mr Heston, who has a private security company protecting his estate.

So what can society do? Control the Idiot (nice idea, but not realistic) or control the gun.

People will make the claim that allowing CCW would have lessened the numbers of dead at VT. That might be true, but the numbers of VIOLENT INCIDENTS (which right now are very few) would increase.

If you increase the number of guns in a high stress environment, the numbers of shootings will rise in proportion. So thats why allow CCW on campus is a BAD idea.

Thats where I see it.

Last edited:
Pssssh

people can have obsessions with many many things doesn't mean they are all wackos

Back