FOO-Bar and SnaFOOD Grill

With respect, this is a forum full of former and currently serving military guys. This type of banter is to be expected.

It is nothing more than harmless banter, which clearly had been taken the wrong way by Americans....

I personally don't see what the issue is? If this type of banter is such an issue then I think this forum perhaps the wrong place for some?

I know for a fact that if Highway Man made a similiar remark towards Mrs F, she'd laugh it off and make a similiar one back. Maybe that's because she's British ex-military though?

There was nothing sinister behind the remark. Probably misunderstood due to cultural differences.
When military or ex - personnel are together our way of talking to each other will quickly come along these lines. There is no harm in it, but those who are not familiar with our internal culture would say that we are vulgar and dirty.

What do you mean "this lady"? What's the difference between her and other female members?

There was nothing sinister behind Highway Man's banter.

Let's not fall out over a cultural difference?
The difference is where our boundaries lies. It can be difficult to know on a forum, but watch how a person responds to threads, it gives an idea of ​​how much you can allow yourself to reply.

not getting all *falled out* about it - what is wrong with simply accepting the request to take care when responding to the ladies who might frequent this place... that is all I am saying... let us use an example

say your wife were to come to this place... make a comment that leaves it open to be jumped on such as HW man did........ to do so would be my first thought... but because she is a female I would not do so. I am just asking for that courtesy -- is all, and in the end it is all up to you guys, we're the newbies, you're the old-timers here.
HM's response was in the heat of battle. Generally, the women here are treated nicely. But I respect your position on this.

no do not... you did not offend... all us military mem banter in this way... but *we* (includes self) should turn on the polite button when the ladies are present............. when not? be the raucus curs that we be.... all is well HM, Wanda is just a sweet lady........ I know her from on this side of the pond... super person to know, if only in cyber space... all of us here become *gentlemen* when she enters... is all I was trying to say... she understands us military types and our ways so I am sure she took no offense also... just saying we should not make it the norm when she, or any of the ladys show up... when they do I suspect they will insist we quit scratching our butts while within view... no spitting on the floor....... you know, that type of thing. All is good.:cheers:
I´m no "Lady" nor a Pussycat. I´m more of a Tomcat I´m not sensitive. Tell it like it is, I´m accustomed to that and I can be very dirty in my remarks when it comes to it. Just be yourselves boys.

Scratching my butt while within view...spitting on the floor...burps and farts in public...I have been known to do it :viking:

According to 42 himself, he has extensive experience in kicking down doors. Backdoors I suspect.
It´s known as "Point of Entry" ;)

I´m no "Lady" nor a Pussycat. I´m more of a Tomcat
No, you´re more of a tiger - a beautiful animal, but a predator.

Scratching my butt while within view...spitting on the floor...burps and farts in public...I have been known to do it
Guess that numerous women have called you a *****.

Guess that numerous women have called you a *****.
More than once!

BUT!

When I stand by my opinions and my beliefs - they call me a *****!

When I defend them that I care about - they call me a *****!

When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or do things my way - they call me a *****!

Being a ***** means I live my life my way. This means that I don´t allow anyone to step on me and when I refuse to accept injustice and I speak against it, I´m considered a *****. The same happens if I spend time on myself or are a little selfish.

I am extrovert, independent, decisive and often politically incorrect. I know what I want and there´s nothing wrong with that. So don´t try to stomp on me, don´t try to turn off my inner flame, don´t try to squeeze all my inner beauty out of me because you will never succeed!

If that makes me a *****, I'm proud of it!
Its means that I have the courage and the strength to be who I am, and not just what others think "I need to be." Being a ***** is not to compromise with what I feel in my heart.

And if others think I´m a *****, then that´s what I am and I will wear my title with pride.

More than once!

BUT!

When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or do things my way - they call me a *****!

Being a ***** means I live my life my way. This means that I don´t allow anyone to step on me and when I refuse to accept injustice and I speak against it, I´m considered a *****. The same happens if I spend time on myself or are a little selfish.

I am extrovert, independent, decisive and often politically incorrect. I know what I want and there´s nothing wrong with that. So don´t try to stomp on me, don´t try to turn off my inner flame, don´t try to squeeze all my inner beauty out of me because you will never succeed!

Its means that I have the courage and the strength to be who I am, and not just what others think "I need to be." Being a ***** is not to compromise with what I feel in my heart.

And if others think I´m a *****, then that´s what I am and I will wear my title with pride.

So in essence, all wimens are bitches then? I can live with that. :D ;)

BUT!

And theres absolutely nothing wrong with that... Freyja, I salute you... and you know what ***** stands for right...

B- beautiful
I- Intelligent
T- Talented
C- Charming
H- Horny... (this one... I like...)

So be happy... I think you have all those qualities...

Now... do I get a "Attaboy...!" ? :read:

Back