Favorite Gum

I used to love that ridiculously sugary Bubbleyum cotton candy stuff when I was a kid. I haven't chewed gum for years now, though.

Fabulous!
125531.jpeg

black%20black%20gum_1pack400.jpg

This caffeinated gum got me through the mornings in high school (we weren't allowed drinks in some rooms). It's got hi-technical taste and flavor, and the individual wrappers proclaim "YES, CHEWING!"

I don't care how long I stayed on the morning schedule, the Creator clearly did not intend for me to be awake before 11:30. I'm a born night owl, I suspect it's delayed sleep phase syndrome. I'd be just fine on west coast time.

Last edited:
black%20black%20gum_1pack400.jpg

This caffeinated gum got me through the mornings in high school (we weren't allowed drinks in some rooms). It's got hi-technical taste and flavor, and the individual wrappers proclaim "YES, CHEWING!"

I don't care how long I stayed on the morning schedule, the Creator clearly did not intend for me to be awake before 11:30. I'm a born night owl, I suspect it's delayed sleep phase syndrome. I'd be just fine on west coast time.

Huh??? wow... I need that kind of gum...:rock:

A disgusting habit in my view.

Thankfully it has never really caught on here in Australia except among our "sports" community. You see them being interviewed on TV whilst chewing on their cud like demented cows.

What's disgusting about it? It's not like you have to spit constantly like with chewing tobacco, and only kids plaster the stuff to the underside of tables.

What's disgusting about it? It's not like you have to spit constantly like with chewing tobacco, and only kids plaster the stuff to the underside of tables.

I second that... I chew gum all the time..it helps me when I feel nervous, or to relieve tension...I can say just about every American loves gum!!! Nothing wrong with that at all....:rock:

Last edited:
Tell me about it, when I was in The States 30 years ago I remember all these people walking about chewing, often with their mouths open, and bloody chewing gum stuck to every conceivable surface, and no doubt many I never discovered.

It's a habit rarely found outside the US, thankfully.

Where's the benefit?To me it's no more than a habit,.. with no benefit to anyone other than the gum industry.

PS I always keep several packs in my glovebox. It's without doubt the best sealant for a punctured fuel tank or radiator known to man.

Last edited:
Tell me about it, when I was in The States 30 years ago I remember all these people walking about chewing, often with their mouths open, and bloody chewing gum stuck to every conceivable surface, and no doubt many I never discovered.

It's a habit rarely found outside the US, thankfully.

Where's the benefit?To me it's no more than a habit,.. with no benefit to anyone other than the gum industry.

Like I said, it helps me relieve tension....Not every person in America chews with their mouth open thats disgusting,.....I chew gun with my mouth closed, ha! no but really theres absoultely nothing wrong with chewing gum..military people chew gum all the time to make time go by faster...so diffrent people chew it for various reasons...no need to freat...:lol:

Last edited:
We have a saying here in Australia that should apply to all gum chewers.
"Don't try to speak with your mouth half full, ..fill it" (so you can't speak)

People don't talk with food in their mouths but I rarely see a gum chewer remove it to talk to others. Even this is revolting, in that they usually just spit it into their hand or an old wrapper saved for the purpose.

Uggghh!!

I fail to see the connection between chewing gum and the effluxion of time, unless this is one of the lesser known scientific laws. It's not as if it requires a great deal of concentration to do, if that were the case I could perhaps understand.

Yes, and there's nothing more "non-military" than this habit. In the Australian Navy it was a chargeable offence under the old catch all "Conduct prejudicial to good order and military discipline" Gum was not sold in any naval canteen.

I can't be sure, but I very much doubt that you would see a US Marine on sentry chewing gum.

Last edited:
Back