Could Humans possibly be the stupidest creature on Earth?

Ted

Lately I have been bored at work and I got the check out these "funny" video's and I got me thinking. Could Humans possibly be the stupidest creature on earth or is it hereditary to certain inbreeding? I mean... what are these people thinking?
If somebody could shed some light on this, please do so. I can't think of 1 reason why you'd try this!

http://www.break.com/index/escalator28.html

http://www.break.com/index/failedroofjump20.html

I don't know if this is too graphic... if so feel free to edit if it is. (Which you would undoubtably do anyway!:))

Either way you look at it, evolution or creationism, there had to be interbreeding or there wouldn't be so many of us now.

Lemme tell ya, I've killed for less than some of the things these attention seeking morons do.
The sad part about human stupidity is that we pawn it off on someone else. "Oh, his father wasn't there for him". "Oh, it's the parents' fault". etc. Bull. My parents disciplined me- I don't think once about lying, doing something obviously immoral, or doing any of a plethora of idiotic things.
The premise behind which I will raise my children will be simple. If you screw up and get someone seriously hurt or killed, we'll deal with it- as long as it wasn't something needless and stupid. Otherwise, there's the door. If you do drugs, get the hell out of my house- you have a running start while I get the .270. If, however, you have common sense and decency, and don't compromise your beliefs or morals, I'd be proud to call you my son or daughter.
On that note, I think that Darwinism will win out in the end and we will be left with a strong gene pool. Weeding out these morons is the first step.

Well you don't have to weed out the morons, they'll do that to themselves and enjoy it too! I rewrote Darwin's central thesis into: Survival of the smartest.

By the way Deerslayer, do you have many children?

Wow...I dont think humans in general are stupid but there are those select few..Like that escalator dumb-:cens: who make the rest of us look bad....Thers another video like that where this kid says that bb guns dont hurt as bad as paintball guns...so the other kid shoots his hand with a bb gun from about 15-20 feet away...the kid has about 5 minutes of unprintable obscenity...dumb...but maybe darwinism will sort out the dumbest.

Not all kids are the same, like cats, there are all different kinds. A couple of my kids learned how disappointed in them my Wife and myself were when they messed up. The trick is to set an example that they are expected to follow and stick to it. We can count on one hand how many times those two messed up bad enough to warrant an eyeball to eyeball QSO. It's not control, like I said, it's demonstrating how disappointed you are with their foul ups and you don't have to scream. But, there is one who had to learn by ignoring the examples set and the rules. She has suffered the consequences and still does. But she's still our own and that will never change so we still try to help when we can. The lesson for the three of them is blatantly obvious as to which path was the better. But, as you younger people start to have kids, remember to temper control with a kind and caring manner, and also a slap or beating hurts for a long time but hateful or demeaning words will hurt forever.

Ted said:
Well you don't have to weed out the morons, they'll do that to themselves and enjoy it too! I rewrote Darwin's central thesis into: Survival of the smartest.

By the way Deerslayer, do you have many children?

Why, no sir, I am 16 years old. And unswervingly polite even in forums, sir. I plan to remain a bachelor until age 45.

tomtom22 said:
Stupidity is not a common trait.

Says you. You should see some of the people I work with and have had the dubious pleasure of knowing.

Of course if you are of above average intelligence and common sense then many average (I use that word in it's broadest sense) would seem stupid or ignorant by comparison.

I am only slightly above average intelligence. I shine like a spotlight compared to a candle when I am among my peers if that is any indication of the people I usually work around.

Well said LIPS!! I usually see it better with others than with myself, but I reckon I got hit by a wind-mill to some degree too! (I just like denying it!)

Well I actually agree, but I grew up in an environment where there was room for such stupid acts. Harsh environments leave little room for frivolous acts.

Back