Combination Rifles - whoa!

ozmilman

I'm going for my firearms safety test next tuesday, and a little more than a month later i will have my licence so i can go and buy myself a rifle... Well, not just any rifle - i've got a combination rifle on hold for me.

Your standard light .22 bolt action rifle, with an underhand 20 gauge shotgun combination - i'm guessing single shot shotgun. I reckon it is absolutely awesome - you know, for a country that has such tight gun laws n all. I'm sure you could probably go down to K-Mart in America and buy an assault rifle with an underhand grenade launcher or something.

I don't know anyone with a combi-gun, do any of you guys have one? Or perhaps you know someone who has one?

Rich.

Ive never seen a "combo" gun in real life, but have seen pictures of them, i doubt that a local Kmart would sel lthat kind of weapon due to the gernade, as they dont sell gernades at kmart... :lol:

Here, in Fort Worth, Tx, there is a Military Gun Supply and you can buy anything except full auto.

I owned, and used, a Savage .22 magnum top barrel and 20 gauge bottom. If you are hunting small game but deer season is open, load the 20 ga with 00 buckshot and you're ready for either. The hammer had a selector switch on it to select barrels.

savpicm24f.jpg

sav24.jpg

So tell me, Missileer, was it just single shot for both the .22 Magnum and the Shotgun, or did the .22 have an internal magazine or something? It really will affect the purchase of the rifle. I'd like the idea of having a few .22 bullets in the rifle, but i don't mind if it's only single shot shotgun.

Rich.

If it's a combo gun it will more than likely be a single shot. But maybe one of your firearm companies produce a combo gun with a tube magazine for the .22LR and a single shot for the 20Ga.

And K-Mart doesn't sell firearms anymore. Michael Moore and his sutpid movie Blowing for Columbine cuased K-Mart to stop selling firearms and ammunition period. Sears doesn't sell firearms anymore either. The Walmart and Sports Authority doesn't even sell firearms anymore. It's getting that bad. DAMN LIBERIALS!

And yes you can own a grenade luancher and mount it one your rifle. It must be 37mm and the only thing you can shoot out of it is smoke grenades. Anything else is a descurtive device. And you really need to jump through hoops for that one. And you gotta be rich.

5.56X45mm said:
If it's a combo gun it will more than likely be a single shot. But maybe one of your firearm companies produce a combo gun with a tube magazine for the .22LR and a single shot for the 20Ga.

And K-Mart doesn't sell firearms anymore. Michael Moore and his sutpid movie Blowing for Columbine cuased K-Mart to stop selling firearms and ammunition period. Sears doesn't sell firearms anymore either. The Walmart and Sports Authority doesn't even sell firearms anymore. It's getting that bad. DAMN LIBERIALS!

And yes you can own a grenade luancher and mount it one your rifle. It must be 37mm and the only thing you can shoot out of it is smoke grenades. Anything else is a descurtive device. And you really need to jump through hoops for that one. And you gotta be rich.

Wow. Sucks where you live. Both Wal-Mart's here sell firearms. And you can buy destructive grenades, but you must be a serving law enforcment officer.

ozmilman said:
Awww man, i hope i can get an inner magazine one... It'd be fantastic.

Rich.

The gun I had broke down like a shotgun. It's a model 24 and the barrel combinations varied. My Brother had a .30-.30 on top and a 12 ga on the bottom. There is a Russian made knockoff which is much, much cheaper and looks pretty promising. I don't think the model 24 is made anymore.

Cadet Seaman said:
5.56X45mm said:

Wow. Sucks where you live. Both Wal-Mart's here sell firearms. And you can buy destructive grenades, but you must be a serving law enforcment officer.

Same here, law enforcement can buy grenades all they want, They justr need a department letter head. Grenades and full auto wepaons fall under the 1934 National Firearms Act. That makes full autos, explosives, short barreled rifles and shotguns, surpressors, and other weapons a registered item that has it's own tax stamp. That's Federal Law. Not State. ANd Explosives like grenades fall under destructive devices. That is really controlled. And Walmart does sell firearms. Just two or three in my neck of the woods. Mossberg 500 Shotgun and a couple of .22LR rifles. Besides, I pay my guns at work. Dealer price. Or if I get enough points. Basspro shops. There are many places to buy firearms in South Florida. It's just that the major chains like Walmart, Sears, and K-mart aren't them. If you want a gun, you go to Bass Pro Shops, Lou's Police Supply (My Store), SAARS, National Guns, Hialeah Firearms, and Gun Doc. And all of these places sell everything from single shot .22lr to high capacity Ar-15s and Barret .50 Caliber Rifles. And if you want anything envolving fullauto weapons or any other Class 3 weapon. you go to "Only The Best". They specialize in only Class 3 weapons.

Here in California, Wal-Mart still sells guns. Even handguns. There are plenty of sporting goods stores to choose from as well. There is a waiting period as well though.

On a related note about combo guns - I had a Browning Hi-power several years ago that was a dual-caliber unit. It came with interchangeable barrels and separate magazines for 9mm and Euro .41 Action express. I was told it was a european model and the dual-caliber units are popular there due to many countries mandating a one-gun limit.

i wouldnt mind getting my handa on an full auto, with a gernade launcher on bottom. does anyone know anything about "gun cam"

Surely you guys know that congress let the Assault Weapons ban expire. I dont know what effect this would have on grenades(if any) but you can buy weapons than are full auto. (unless i know less about guns than i think)

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5946127/ is a link. there are more if you google it.

My WalMart sells rifles and shotguns, and there are plenty of places to get handguns. One of my friends has an AK-47 . Still tryin to get him to lemme try it. :m16shoot:

Back