Calling Europeans - Euro 2008 soccer kicks off tomorrow

Well - what a great game of football. Congratulations Germany. I hope you German guys won't mind me thinking that in fact Germany were lucky tonight, Turkey bested them for much of the game. Nevertheless, it is winning that counts and in football the Germans are good at that. As I said, great game, this tournament has delivered the goods, Turkey should be proud.:bravo:

Lehman made great mistakes, we didn't get the penalty for Lahm... but it doesn't matter anymore...
I was on the "Heiligengeistfeld" in Hamburg together with over 40.000 other fans- man it was great! Finally some guys proud to be german... And the feeling after a goal felt like a rush... public viewing rocks...
After the game the streets were jamed with cars celebrating... and everyone just was happy- party on!

Yesterday: must be somewhere on the right about 15 meters ;)

Enjoy Obj! Did you spot me in my England shirt with the SAS flashes?

You are now in the final.:bravo:Great tournament!

Well, only one team turned up tonight really, Spain took it well and deserve their place in the final. Russia gave some good nights and the tournament has been a good 'un.

So, Spain v Germany, here we go, here we go, here we go.

Lederhosen or not, TOG's guy scores good goals, don't he.

Hiddink's magic wasn't on. It seems like he can make the semi-finals with most teams but that's about the limit. Yeah I know he got eliminated with Australia in the 2nd round of WC '06 but that was never a penalty.

Oh my unlucky team. That was a good game. Germany beated us but it was a friendly game. Thanks to German fellows for that friendly match. But God damns the referee of the match . :)

Yeah well Lahm OBVIOUSLY fell without being touched... LOL
Freekick- Penalty 100% without any discussion, 4-2 Germany
thnx for the discussion.

No - the best team certainly won. But they were very, very good. Condolences to Obj.

But look - Great tournament, possibly the best, great entertainment, great players, great goals, won by a great team, playing great passing -on -the -ground football, with a great goal. The bar has been raised by this team, and they are well deserved Champions Euro 2008.

Congratulations and thanks to SPAIN. And thanks to all the competing teams, they did football proud. Our kids here will take note, mark my words.:drunkb:

Well shoot. The wrong team won.

No they didn't!!!

2008024751.jpg

That is a picture of a man who has just done precisely what he is paid for, and done it beautifully. He does this regularly and it will be great to welcome him back to Liverpool next season. We are so fortunate in our Premier League to be able to see such players performing, every week and up close. Boy - do I love football; when you see a goal like that, how can anyone deny that it is the beautiful game, at its best.

Oooooh YES. Let's hope that the attacking football stays with us. I just can't wait for the USA to click into action. We have some good USA players in our leagues, and I just want to see some home-grown USA inspired kids rise to glory. They will impart their own values on the game when that happens; I wonder how much South America will influence the play eventually, Brazil, Argentina, etc. in USA?

Will David Beckham succeed in inspiring kids there ? Of course, our military always had great teams in times of conscription! Army, Navy, Air Force. Medics had a great team! All that helps.

Back