A couple of brain teasers for ya

Sevens

Forum Dominatrix
3 MEN GO INTO A MOTEL. THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30, SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.

A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25, SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH $5.

ON THE WAY, THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY
BETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND KEPT THE OTHER $2 FOR
HIMSELF.

THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTAL OF $27, ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29.

WHERE IS THE OTHER DOLLAR?

There are three baskets of fruit, one of 100 oranges, one of 100 apples, and one mixed 100 oranges + apples. They are labelled with tags "oranges", "apples", and "mixed", but they are incorrectly labelled. You cannot look into the baskets.

How many pieces of fruit do you have to draw out to be certain of which basket is which?

3 MEN GO INTO A MOTEL. THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30, SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.

A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25, SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH $5.

ON THE WAY, THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY
BETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND KEPT THE OTHER $2 FOR
HIMSELF.

THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTAL OF $27, ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29.

WHERE IS THE OTHER DOLLAR?

Umm this is flawed there isn't a missing dollar you need to subtract the $2 the bellboy kept not add it.
The room was $25 and each man paid $9 while the bellboy kept $2
Room Cost
So 3x$9=$27-$2 = $25

And the $5 refund
3x$1 + $2 = $5

All present and accounted for.
As for the other one I have no idea I am good with numbers lousy with fruit.

Last edited:
Woot woot!! Got it on the first try, Monty! Congratulations!! It took the guys on the other forum almost two weeks. ;)

Now who can guess the second one? :)

Count five in one hand.
Five, six, seven, eight, nine.

You realize that by giving back 5, one dollar bills, the hotel owner had in fact charged the three men not 25 dollars in total, but 24 dollars in total. To make it 25 dollars, you have to subtract 4 dollars, not 5.

Edit: So I'm wrong? urrgh!
I suck at math

There are three baskets of fruit, one of 100 oranges, one of 100 apples, and one mixed 100 oranges + apples. They are labelled with tags "oranges", "apples", and "mixed", but they are incorrectly labelled. You cannot look into the baskets.

How many pieces of fruit do you have to draw out to be certain of which basket is which?

one.

all three are incorrectly labeled. So you pick one fruit out of the Both (because you know it's one or the other) and swap the labels of that one and "both." You know the third one is wrong, so you switch those two labels.

Done!

you know i heard that bellboy joke some 7 years ago and got to frustrated to figure it out, id say just pull out till you find a diff fruit then you know its mixed!

Yeah, kinda of. Basically you have to use your hands. Oranges are rough, apples smooth. They also smell different if you want to go that route. So in short, you really don't have to pull any out at all. :)

Back