A better way to name "Terrorism"?

Well, if they try to kill you then thats different. I was talking more about the fact that most Westerners [Including Australia] view every Muslim as a terrorist [Private schools in Australia dont allow muslims to join, even if it isnt a religious type school].
QUOTE]
thats cause most westerners are smart.

Most westerners view Muslims as terrorists due to the press reporting on muslim countries and muslims in particular. The focus being on the negative aspects (as percieved by westerners) about their culture, beliefs and pratices. For example the general disbelief that a nation of arabs would not want a western style democracy. I have seen this context several times, but it never seems to get beyond the point that the west thinks this is good for you, so do it - never taking into account the cultural background of the country and people concerned.

Just to be clear, I'm not a fan of arabs, but I do have respect for them, their culture and their religion, as I do for any religion - despite being an atheist. What I don't like are broadbrush, sweeping statements about a large group of people, normally served up by the press and repeated like a mantra by everyone else.

As for westerners being smarter, I think you need to check on the origins of our culture and language.:cheers:

Well, if they try to kill you then thats different. I was talking more about the fact that most Westerners [Including Australia] view every Muslim as a terrorist [Private schools in Australia dont allow muslims to join, even if it isnt a religious type school].
QUOTE]
thats cause most westerners are smart.

Dude thats harsh

I agree with you, Partisan. The media stuffs everything up [Especially Fox, i think they should rename it to 'News that the government wants you to hear channel']

Im also a atheist, and i have nothing against any religion. ONLY the extremist Christians/Muslims/Jews etc etc. I cant stand them, its ridicoulous.

Also, a bit off note, what country do you come from, Partisan? As in, not where you live, but where your parents were born etc.

I'm a Brit through and through, an optimist by nature and a cynic by experience. I've been lucky to live all across the world, so I tend to get narked about single nation solutions - apart from my own of course!!

Back