Yup let's blame videogames - Page 2

--
Yup let's blame videogames

April 21st, 2007  
Padre

Except possibly for happy ( - if you know what I mean) Independent registered Republicans who may also be RINO's, I think we can all agree that children and minors up to a certain age should be protected from certain types of vid/computer games. This can be done by classifications and labels that warn parents about the content of games. No further regulation is necessary. Let parents control what goes into their children's minds and the State or Government can help by providing information via classification and description labels.
April 21st, 2007  
Donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I think that the problem is somewhat deeper than that. When a game has totally unrealistic gameplay it certainly can be blamed for creating the wrong impression in young and/or impressionable persons.

By unrealistic I mean things like cars that crash into others at high speed but allow the driver to just drive away, whereas in real life they would be dead or seriously injured.
Watch any movies lately?

Perhaps a television show?

have a read of this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18233164/

Many people think a crime can be solved in a 45 minute TV show and that they really do have all the crazy technology you see on CSI...

Thing is realism usually isn't very entertaining...People should have the mental capacity to differentiate the difference between entertainment and real life. We should not be holding everyones hand as they walk through life. Plus why should the masses be punished for the delusional psychosis of the few.
April 21st, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Jack Thompson is the same as Hillary Clinton and Sarah brady and other anti-firearm folks. Since they do not understand or owm such items, they wish to take it away from eveyone else.
--
April 22nd, 2007  
phoenix80

I'd blame Political Correctness for this incident
April 22nd, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey
Watch any movies lately?

Perhaps a television show?

have a read of this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18233164/

Many people think a crime can be solved in a 45 minute TV show and that they really do have all the crazy technology you see on CSI...

Thing is realism usually isn't very entertaining...People should have the mental capacity to differentiate the difference between entertainment and real life. We should not be holding everyones hand as they walk through life. Plus why should the masses be punished for the delusional psychosis of the few.
Yep,... all of that too, but the question was about video gamers, so that was what I answered.

No, you are quite right, we can't hold everyone's hand, but we can and must attempt to protect the innocent victims of these weak minded individuals.
April 22nd, 2007  
Donkey

Blaming video games is like blaming alcohol for the drunk driver that killed a family...

Or blaming the gun....
April 26th, 2007  
A Can of Man

Blaming video games is just another in the latest line in shifting the blame elsewhere.
April 27th, 2007  
major liability

I wonder how long it will be until someone models Hilary Clinton for shooting in a FPS. Man that'll raise a stink.

I should get crackin on that!
April 28th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
I wonder how long it will be until someone models Hilary Clinton for shooting in a FPS. Man that'll raise a stink.

I should get crackin on that!
Someone should make a DOOM copy but instead of all the demons and such. replace the bad guys with Hillary Clintons, John Kerrys, etc.... That would be funny. Also to be fair, let the evil liberals have their version too.

Hmmmm...... I think I might have a viable product to sell
April 29th, 2007  
A Can of Man

Postal goes to the White House